Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple load problems..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> A couple load problems.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple load problems.. - 8/22/2020 11:05:34 PM   
Fencer51D

First.. I have the second Royal Tank Regiment (2RTR) at Aden. No matter what I try it will not show up on the load units screen. Tried transport,set to strat? Nothing. T4ied amphib, set to combat.. nothing. Onnthe fround units screen it has a * after the ARM type.. other than that nothing looks off.. any ideas on what I can do/try?

Second.. theother is in Perth, I sent the 221 Group RAF there by mistake and not it will notnboard a transport either.. it has a small "a" after HQ in the type column. same problems as above..

Any ideas? Thanks for reading.

Fencer
Post #: 1
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/22/2020 11:14:29 PM   
GetAssista

Check if 2RTR is assigned to restricted command area, with (R) or [R] in the name. You can't ship those before you change command to an unrestricted one by paying political points. Same with the other unit

(in reply to Fencer51D)
Post #: 2
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/24/2020 12:03:45 AM   
Fencer51D

The 2RTR is assigned to a HQ restricted to Australia, which is where I want to send it, so not sure that is the problem as other units went without problem. Same with the RAF unit, it went to Australia fine, even though it is also assigned to an Indian command R unit,.. now it will not leave Perth for India.

Thanks for answering, anyone else have an Idea?

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 3
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/24/2020 1:11:52 AM   
Evoken

If a unit is restricted you cant load them on to ships , you gotta switch them to unrestricted HQ first. Most stuff that comes to Aden are unrestricted thats why you were able to transfer them without issues

(in reply to Fencer51D)
Post #: 4
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 12:21:51 AM   
Fencer51D

But neither of these units are restricted... Now I have another unit at Aden doing the exact same thing the 2RTR was doing, but it is an RAF Hq destined for India. But I can load other units fine.. I tried to transfer the 2RTR to Adaden(sp) via strat move to see if it freed it up.. its not there yet..

Thanks for thoughts!

< Message edited by Fencer51D -- 8/25/2020 12:22:56 AM >

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 5
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 3:43:20 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fencer51D

But neither of these units are restricted...

Nonsense. Your own words state that they are restricted.

There are only 3 conditions which prevent a land unit from loading onto ships.

1. The unit has a static device attached. That should not be the case regarding these particular types of units.

2. The unit is not in the appropriate mode for loading. To load onto a Transport TF the unit must be in "strategic mode". To load onto an Amphibious TF the unit must be in "combat mode". You clearly stated that you had the units in the correct mode for the TF, hence that is not the cause of not loading in this case.

3. Unit is not restricted. A unit is restricted under two conditions.

(a) the unit itself is restricted. It will have the "R" designation listed against it's name on its unit screen.

(b) the unit is attached to a HQ which is itself restricted with the "R" designation. In this instance, the unit's screen does not show the "R" designation against the unit's name but it will show the name of the commanding HQ which will have the "R" designation.

Although not identified by name, you have clearly stated that the three units are attached to restricted Indian or Australian HQs. Ergo they are restricted.

Alfred

(in reply to Fencer51D)
Post #: 6
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 5:06:01 AM   
Platoonist

Odd. At least at the beginning of the standard game (no mods) I see the 2nd Royal Tank Regiment as attached to Burma Command. Have you attached it to another HQ in the meantime?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 7
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 6:58:34 AM   
Platoonist

In scenario 001 anyway, the 2RTR seems to load aboard a transport task force with no issues that I can see.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 8
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 8:44:22 AM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

Odd. At least at the beginning of the standard game (no mods) I see the 2nd Royal Tank Regiment as attached to Burma Command. Have you attached it to another HQ in the meantime?

Of course he has changed the HQ. Haven't you read closely post #3?

Alfred

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 9
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 8:04:43 PM   
Fencer51D

Dang, yeah I forgot I did that.. so sorry guys, I am definately a newb. I started this a year ago but quit after a month in the hospital in January.. just restarted it and its mid may now in game and those two units had been bugging me.. sorry for all the trouble, Thanks.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 10
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 8:14:36 PM   
RangerJoe

Well, I guess that you won't forget that lesson!

Instead of sending units to a restricted command, send them to an unrestricted command.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Fencer51D)
Post #: 11
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 10:58:53 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

Dang, yeah I forgot I did that.. so sorry guys, I am definately a newb. I started this a year ago but quit after a month in the hospital in January.. just restarted it and its mid may now in game and those two units had been bugging me.. sorry for all the trouble, Thanks.

If I had to plunge back in after a seven month break, I'd be lost too. Sometimes it's hard to keep the narrative straight even when you put in a few turns a day.

The funny thing my 2nd RTR was supposed to have arrived in Aden. It actually showed up In Karachi. Oh well. The train is the quicker way east.

(in reply to Fencer51D)
Post #: 12
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 11:03:46 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

If I had to plunge back in after a seven month break, I'd be lost too. Sometimes it's hard to keep the narrative straight even when you put in a few turns a day.

The funny thing my 2nd RTR was supposed to have arrived in Aden. It actually showed up In Karachi. Oh well. The train is the quicker way east.

The asterisk after the 2nd RTR denotes that it is part of a larger unit - an armoured brigade IIRC. Use the button called Unit OOB or similar to see what else is part of the unit and where it is located or when it will arrive. Unless it is an emergency situation I usually keep the fragments at Aden until the other parts arrive and the unit can be combined. Also make sure you use the same unrestricted HQ for all fragments so they will combine, and turn off upgrades until all the parts have combined.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 13
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 11:10:41 PM   
RangerJoe

The initial tanks are also probably good enough at first so you don't necessarily have to upgrade the unit either. I do believe that unit uses two different types of tanks as well. But use up the old stuff if it still works because if you have high losses later, you may not have enough better stuff to fill out the unit.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 14
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 11:13:11 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

The asterisk after the 2nd RTR denotes that it is part of a larger unit - an armoured brigade IIRC.

Yeah, it's one of two units that make up the 7th Armoured Brigade. A very useful unit.

I am curious as to why Aden has an asterisk next to it under the Base of Arrival column.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 15
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/25/2020 11:59:32 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

The asterisk after the 2nd RTR denotes that it is part of a larger unit - an armoured brigade IIRC.

Yeah, it's one of two units that make up the 7th Armoured Brigade. A very useful unit.

I am curious as to why Aden has an asterisk next to it under the Base of Arrival column.

Signifies off map arrival, I am sure that is not the technically correct term though.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 16
RE: A couple load problems.. - 8/26/2020 12:23:40 AM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Signifies off map arrival, I am sure that is not the technically correct term though.

That seems to be it. Eastern USA, Capetown, Cristobal and all the rest are so marked.

Thank you for helping me keep my asterisks sorted.

< Message edited by Platoonist -- 8/26/2020 12:24:05 AM >

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> A couple load problems.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI