Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Move and Dismount?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Combat Mission Shock Force 2 >> Move and Dismount? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Move and Dismount? - 9/7/2020 8:13:47 PM   
blackcloud6

Is there a way to order a carrier vehicle to move to a point and then dismount the occupants of the vehicle? The only way I can do this is to move to the dismount point and wait until the next orders phase and give the mounted unit the command to dismount.
Post #: 1
RE: Move and Dismount? - 9/7/2020 9:02:42 PM   
Rondor11

I you set the vehicle to move and also set the troops to move to the anticipated end spot near the vehicle's postion, the troops will not dismount until the vehicle ends it's movement.

Chris B

Tribute to DD485, the USS Duncan. Sunk at Cape Esperance October 11, 1942 with my 15 year old father aboard. 48 died from wounds and sharks.

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 2
RE: Move and Dismount? - 9/7/2020 9:04:19 PM   
blackcloud6

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rondor11

I you set the vehicle to move and also set the troops to move to the anticipated end spot near the vehicle's postion, the troops will not dismount until the vehicle ends it's movement.

OK, thanks!

(in reply to Rondor11)
Post #: 3
RE: Move and Dismount? - 9/13/2020 1:54:33 PM   
ch53A/Dvet_slith

You can, also, first, tell the vehicle to move to the destination then click on your troops in the vehicle and select the pause button, for about 15 seconds, then select the action for the appropriate move order. When your carrier arrives the 15 seconds will have passed and your troops will exit the vehicle to their move order.

(in reply to blackcloud6)
Post #: 4
RE: Move and Dismount? - 9/22/2020 5:27:45 AM   
guanotwozero

quote:

ORIGINAL: ch53A/Dvet_slith
You can, also, first, tell the vehicle to move to the destination then click on your troops in the vehicle and select the pause button, for about 15 seconds, then select the action for the appropriate move order. When your carrier arrives the 15 seconds will have passed and your troops will exit the vehicle to their move order.

You don't need to pause the troops (unless you actually want a pause) as they won't exit the vehicle until it has reached the end of its moves. The only down-side to that is you can't force a dismount part-way through a move sequence.

(in reply to ch53A/Dvet_slith)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Combat Mission Shock Force 2 >> Move and Dismount? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI