Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VLS Weapons Record Questions???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> VLS Weapons Record Questions??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/6/2020 3:55:55 PM   
BeirutDude

OK so I'm doing more modifications to the Weapons load outs on the ships. So I thought I understood this but apparently I don't as the math doesn't add up.

I have the HMAS Hobart loaded and she has a 48 cell VLS. But when I total up her loadout she has 66 missiles indicated as available. Now when I go in the "Weapons" and look at the weapons records the blue weapons indeed ad up to 66 weapons. So does that include her magazines? If so who does the computer decide what is in the VLS tudes? What's to stop me from putting 128 RIM-174A SM-6 DUEL-1s on a vessel??????

Also am I reading a weapons record correctly?
when it says 16/64 I always assumed that was 16 in the VLS and 64 Total missiles available in the VLS tubes and, Presumably, 48 in the magazines. Is that NOT correct????

Edit: Apparently there is a limit to load outs but is is greater than the VLS tubes for the vessel!

< Message edited by apache85 -- 9/6/2020 11:02:47 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/6/2020 4:11:11 PM   
BeirutDude

So I just played with the USS Prebble and was able to load 120 missiles for 96 VLS tubes????

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 9/6/2020 4:12:14 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 2
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/6/2020 4:20:14 PM   
BeirutDude

OK one more, took the same USS Prebble and loaded 64 RIM-162A (twice the the number of VLS tubes and it took it) then loaded 128 Aft VLS (Again twice the number of VLS Tubes aft) and it took it!!!!! Now I do believe the MK41 VLS can not be reloaded at sea, please correct me if I'm wrong. Each VLS Launcher should be limited to the VLS Capability.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 3
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/6/2020 4:24:31 PM   
Sardaukar

ESSM loads into Mk41 VLS tubes with Quad-packs.

Thus you can have up to 4x ESSM in Mk 41 VLS tubes.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 4
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/6/2020 5:41:54 PM   
BeirutDude

Thanks, any other systems like that?

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/6/2020 5:51:31 PM   
BeirutDude

Just played with it, and that works! Thank You!

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 6
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/6/2020 11:03:23 PM   
Rory Noonan

Sorry for editing your post, I thought I was on the tech support forum.

Someone's got a case of the Mondays

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 7
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/7/2020 10:24:26 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

What's to stop me from putting 128 RIM-174A SM-6 DUEL-1s on a vessel??????

Nothing.. thank god, assuming it's what you desire and have enough mounts to fill such out.

Also note sometime upon initial placement you can go over the cap if the weapon record exceeds the cap, but later on it will hold true to it's max. for extreme example putting a weapon record of 10000/10000 into a mount that maxes at say 64... it'll take it at first but once you go to touch\change the count entry the 64 cap will be enforced, but if you don't touch it you can keep the 10k..and use all 10k though it will not reload etc till it gets down < 64.

btw if you want more than is there (and to reload) just add more mounts and remove all the records you don't need, keep in mind though more mounts when it comes to vls also means more ability to fire multiple shots at once, to be aware of the balance issue (and loss of realism in many cases) that can come up with that, but sometimes it's necessary for a specific thing you want. Hope that makes sense.

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 9/7/2020 10:37:38 AM >

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 8
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/7/2020 5:32:50 PM   
Schr75

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

Also am I reading a weapons record correctly?
when it says 16/64 I always assumed that was 16 in the VLS and 64 Total missiles available in the VLS tubes and, Presumably, 48 in the magazines. Is that NOT correct????

Edit: Apparently there is a limit to load outs but is is greater than the VLS tubes for the vessel!

Hi BeirutDude

The 16/64 means 16 missiles in a 64 round VLS launcher.
VLS launchers donīt have magazines as they generally needīs port facilities with cranes to reload.

And no. You canīt overload a VLS launcher
Some one else already mentioned the quad packed ESSMīs, but if you add weapons manually the launcher will not accept more missiles than launch tubes.

Hope this makes sense

Søren

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 9
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/7/2020 7:27:25 PM   
FTBSS

The old vls launchers were 61 and 29 tubes the 3 missing cannister locations were basically a spot for a davet crane for reloading the tubes at sea, but proved too inefficient so that the Davet was removed and the tubes were once again for actual loadouts

(in reply to Schr75)
Post #: 10
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/7/2020 10:36:24 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

but if you add weapons manually the launcher will not accept more missiles than launch tubes. -Schr75

It will game wise, not saying one should do it though.

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 9/7/2020 10:37:28 PM >

(in reply to FTBSS)
Post #: 11
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/8/2020 5:52:38 PM   
Schr75

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

quote:

but if you add weapons manually the launcher will not accept more missiles than launch tubes. -Schr75

It will game wise, not saying one should do it though.

I meant you canīt overload the individual weapon record.
You canīt load more than 64 ERAMīs in a 64 unit record, so if you ajust the individual records in a mount instead of adding new records, then you canīt overload the mount.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 12
RE: VLS Weapons Record Questions??? - 9/9/2020 4:34:16 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

I meant you canīt overload the individual weapon record.

Indeed.

(in reply to Schr75)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> VLS Weapons Record Questions??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI