Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Wild Bill Wilder Scenario at THE ARMOR SITE!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Wild Bill Wilder Scenario at THE ARMOR SITE! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Wild Bill Wilder Scenario at THE ARMOR SITE! - 7/4/2001 9:10:00 PM   
Fabio Prado

Just in time for 4th of July... :D :D A new scenario by Wild Bill Wilder - Rippling and Roaring! Historical Background: Once the Americans began to achieve their decisive breakout from St. Lo, both Generals Eisenhower and Bradley agreed that the British 2nd Army should keep German armor locked in place. German tanks in the British area outnumbered those in the American area by six to one. Monty still wanted his own breakout, however, and felt that it could be achieved with "Operation Bluecoat." Coming on the heels of "Operation Goodwood" conducted a week earlier, it was hoped that the Germans would not have had time to recover. The Commonwealth forces, however, still had hedgerow country to break through. It would not be an easy task. This time the Scots took the lead with the Scottish 15th Infantry Division and the British Guards Armored Brigade, the heart of the British VIII Corps, would move past Caumont and on to Hill 309. A thunderous rolling artillery barrage preceeded the tanks by some 100 yards. British bombers hit the hill in a pattern of carpet bombing that heartened the Scots greatly. XXX Corps, to the left, did not make the same progress as the VIII Corps. With their left flank suddenly exposed, the Churchill tanks of the Coldstream Regiment was to move forward quickly (as quickly as a Churchill tank can move!) and take Hill 309 without proper reconnaissance or infantry support. One squadron of the Coldstreams was sent to the left to secure another hill with the map designation "Point 226." The 17 Churchills chugged along to their destination. From Hill 309, the other tanks could see them advance. What began well for the Scots would end up quite differently from the way it began! Get it at: THE ARMOR SITE's WILD BILL WILDER's SCENARIOS PAGE! Lots of FUN! :D Thank you all for your support! :) Fab

Post #: 1
- 7/4/2001 11:33:00 PM   
Wild Bill

This one has a few surprises for the Brits. I think you'll find it somewhat challenging from either side. Thanks Fabio! As always you did a great job of posting it most colorfully. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Fabio Prado)
Post #: 2
- 7/5/2001 12:04:00 AM   
Voriax

Hello WB, it was a turkey shoot when played from German side :D Check your mail..the report is on the way.. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

Post #: 3
- 7/5/2001 3:00:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Good point, Voriax. It should be played from the British side or as a two player game. The Germans just have it too easy...well, not too easy, but easy enough! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

Post #: 4
- 7/5/2001 9:32:00 PM   
RockinHarry

Thanks WB..looking forward to play the tough scots soon. First have to ask my commander to leave the eastfront first.. :D ________ Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

Post #: 5
- 7/6/2001 4:17:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I know, Harry! He is a merciless commander :rolleyes: Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

Post #: 6
- 7/6/2001 10:15:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I've found this scenario to be a refreshing change and a nice surprise. And it is historical in its concept. I think you'll like a break. After EFMC, you NEED :eek: a break Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> New Wild Bill Wilder Scenario at THE ARMOR SITE! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI