Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Manage ships under repair

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Manage ships under repair Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Manage ships under repair - 11/23/2020 12:09:07 PM   
Chris21wen

Think this is a very, very small bug I think.

Two AGs entered upgrade at the same time in two separate ports. At the time neither port had any other ships in repair. I cannot access the 'Manage ships under repair' menu, it's not visible. Once another ship enters repair it becomes available.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Manage ships under repair - 11/23/2020 12:31:02 PM   
Admiral DadMan

Yes, it is not damaged, therefore it does not need repair management.

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Manage ships under repair - 11/23/2020 12:53:11 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Admiral DadMan

Yes, it is not damaged, therefore it does not need repair management.

Ah, I see. So used to seeing upgraded ships in the list never thought about it. However there is a small inconsistancy here, it is visible in the list of 'Ships under repair'.

No need to replay it's a small thing.

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 3
RE: Manage ships under repair - 11/23/2020 12:58:50 PM   
Ian R

No inconsistency, no bug.

It is off line, because it has a minimum upgrade time to serve out. It does not require management repair, as Admiral Dadman says, because it is not actually damaged.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 4
RE: Manage ships under repair - 11/23/2020 4:56:33 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

It is off line, because it has a minimum upgrade time to serve out. It does not require management repair, as Admiral Dadman says, because it is not actually damaged.

Doesn't "Repair Management" apply to the facilities more than the ships? If you accelerate repair through the priority system, it is the facilities whose points are redistributed. And if you want to remove a ship without float damage from the shipyard - as in the example above - you often need the repair management screen to do that - the ship screen itself does not always let you take it out of the SY.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 5
RE: Manage ships under repair - 11/23/2020 5:12:50 PM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

Doesn't "Repair Management" apply to the facilities more than the ships? If you accelerate repair through the priority system, it is the facilities whose points are redistributed. And if you want to remove a ship without float damage from the shipyard - as in the example above - you often need the repair management screen to do that - the ship screen itself does not always let you take it out of the SY.

And if you have another ship that can be in either pierside or shipyard mode, you hit the set all this mode button.

No problemo.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Manage ships under repair - 11/23/2020 6:01:48 PM   
Xargun

quote:

quote:

quote:

And if you have another ship that can be in either pierside or shipyard mode, you hit the set all this mode button.

No problemo.

I do not believe you can stop an upgrade in the middle. Once you start it, that ship is out of operation and stuck in that port until finished. Otherwise you could stop upgrades on the next turn and get the full upgrade without paying the time cost.

Xargun

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 7
RE: Manage ships under repair - 11/23/2020 9:11:19 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xargun

quote:

quote:

quote:

No problemo.

I do not believe you can stop an upgrade in the middle. Once you start it, that ship is out of operation and stuck in that port until finished. Otherwise you could stop upgrades on the next turn and get the full upgrade without paying the time cost.

Xargun

Moving from SY to pierside mode does not stop the upgrade. The SY may be a requirement to start an upgrade, but as soon as it is started, the SY is no longer needed unless you have some float damage to repair (some conversions do inflict float damage, and ships needing repair can start an upgrade). Quite often, to prevent clogging the SY with ships that had a SY as part of the upgrade trigger, I let them start the upgrade (often overstacking the SY) and then move them out to pierside repair mode next turn. There is no adverse effect on the upgrade from doing that.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Xargun)
Post #: 8
RE: Manage ships under repair - 11/24/2020 7:51:21 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

Moving from SY to pierside mode does not stop the upgrade. The SY may be a requirement to start an upgrade, but as soon as it is started, the SY is no longer needed unless you have some float damage to repair (some conversions do inflict float damage, and ships needing repair can start an upgrade). Quite often, to prevent clogging the SY with ships that had a SY as part of the upgrade trigger, I let them start the upgrade (often overstacking the SY) and then move them out to pierside repair mode next turn. There is no adverse effect on the upgrade from doing that.

That's what I was trying to do when I raised the question.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 9
RE: Manage ships under repair - 11/24/2020 11:40:23 AM   
Ian R

If no other ship needs repairs, and the upgrading ships are not consuming shipyard generated repair points (zero damage), they can just sit there. As soon as some other damaged ship goes pierside you can change them all with one button click. This is not a bug.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Manage ships under repair Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI