Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Answered] Build and data base question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Answered] Build and data base question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Answered] Build and data base question - 4/26/2021 10:29:00 PM   
trevor999

On 10 Apr I posted:
quote:

The other day I noticed an error in the DB3000 Build 975 (1980-2020+)

The CBU-97/B SFW [10xBLU-108/B Anti Tank Bomblets 1998 has the general description for the MIM-23 HAWK.

Maybe it's been corrected now. As I said, it was awhile ago.

So now, after looking through various posts, I'm even more confused.
I have (Steam version)
Command v1.02 Build 1147.14. Some posts I see people with 1147.16. Rory the moderator says the current build is 1009.37.1 (as of 12 April 2021)

I can find this error again (please see screen shot)in the Scenario Builder/Editor. When I open the Editor > Database> I see these options:
Current DB3000 V480
Use latest DB3000: DB3000 v487
Use latest CWDB: Cold war DB v487
Load other DB file
Upgrade scenario to latest DB version.

One post on the thread said they are using v488

Is my database up to date? Where do I get the latest database? Are there differences in the Matrix version and Steam version? Am I just going around in [ever diminishing] circles? At least I learned how to do a screen shot in Windows 7 (Stop laughing!)I've just never had the need before.

Regards

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by WSBot -- 4/28/2021 1:55:30 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Build and data base question - 4/26/2021 10:49:02 PM   
BDukes

Hi Trevor

The databases are shipped with the game. The database version used to build a scenario will always load by default. If you're in the editor you can switch between database and version using the Database selection in the Editor dropdown. It's best to use the latest and the manual goes into detail on how to update a scenario to the latest. It's possible that the latest some are using is included in a beta version of the game. If that's the case you've got to download and install the beta to have that database. Or you could wait until that beta becomes an update to the game.

The pictures you see are not really part of the database. They are just files in a folder that are linked to database entries. They are are in the images folder (see the default path below) and are organized by database type and numbered to reference the ID'd numbers. The ID Numbers are the #xxxx numbers you see in the upper left hand side of the database viewer.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Command - Modern Operations\DB\Images

If you'd like to fix or replace pictures you can by just copying your own photo in. There is also a community project to provide some photos. If there is an issue there then you should report it in this string:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441939

Hope this helps.

Mike

(in reply to trevor999)
Post #: 2
RE: Build and data base question - 4/26/2021 10:53:59 PM   
thewood1

CMO is at current stable build number 1.02 build 1147.14. That's also what's on Steam.

There are public beta builds also and the current is 1147.21. But they are not part of Steam. You have to wait for the next official release for Steam to update. You can force Steam to use the public beta, but it sounds like something that might be beyond what you want to try.

The newest CMO db is 488. Older scenarios might have older databases. When the current db is updated, the old one is maintained so older scenarios don't end up having issues with updated or new units. You can manually force a rebuild with a newer db on an old scenario, but there is a slight chance you'll break the older scenario

For CMNAO, the legacy product, the 1.15 build 1009.XX is the latest stable release. That's disconnected from CMO now and isn't sold anymore, I think.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to trevor999)
Post #: 3
RE: Build and data base question - 4/26/2021 11:42:48 PM   
BDukes

I see you guys looking. He's not getting a public response ever. Go watch TV you savages

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Build and data base question - 4/27/2021 1:00:05 AM   
trevor999

Thanks for the input and quick reply. It's not the photo that's wrong, it's the wrong "General Description" that I was pointing out. Instead of for a CBU it's for the HAWK missile.

Regards

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Build and data base question - 4/27/2021 1:03:12 AM   
thewood1

The Hawk description comes up because of an older process of the Hawk being a default description when one was missing. Or something like that. That was fixed a while ago, but there are still a few hanging around. If you report it in the db picture and description thread, it'll be fixed for the next update of the pisc.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to trevor999)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Answered] Build and data base question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI