Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Identifying Arty chosen for attack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Identifying Arty chosen for attack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Identifying Arty chosen for attack - 8/18/2003 4:13:58 AM   
Jeff Lackey

Loving the game, but there's one thing I haven't figured out how to do (I'm sure I've just overlooked it) - when you press the Arty button to add artillery to an attack, how can you tell from looking at the map which artillery has been selected?

Thanks,

Jeff
Post #: 1
- 8/18/2003 4:41:32 AM   
elmo3

I don't think you can tell from the map. However IIRC after you assign arty to the attack you can use the Next Arty Unit Button to cycle through all eligible arty. Any you selected earlier should have their Unit Selection Button highlighted on the unit display. At least that's how I remember doing it in my last game.

(in reply to Jeff Lackey)
Post #: 2
- 8/18/2003 5:13:42 AM   
Fred98

Yes thats correct. So you can de-select any arty unit as you see fit

Post #: 3
artillery - 8/18/2003 12:18:09 PM   
Bender

If I'm correct, when the attack is started and the combat display opens, you have the option of adding arty to the attack via the arty button. Also, If you look at the bigmap, you should notice that there are a lot of units "blacked out" and others "highlighted". The highlighted units are the units available to attack, which should include arty. You can slect a unit from the map, and add it to the attack, rather than from the combat display. This is handy when you have more than the max (4 if I'm right) available for an attack.

Bender

Post #: 4
- 8/18/2003 12:41:20 PM   
Fred98

The question is: I wish to be choosy as to which arty units in particulair to include in the battle. Because I would ike to use a long range one in a different battle in the same turn.

So you need to cycle through the ones available and then de-select some as you see fit.

Post #: 5
Arty - 8/18/2003 1:09:38 PM   
Bender

Umm, look at it like this, if I'm correct that is.

Go a head and commit what inf and armor units to the attack you would like first. (you may decided to de-select after you put in the arty, for the over-run) Then look at the tactical map, and you will see lets say 9 "highlighted" arty units. Just click on the unit(s) you need to commit to the attack, it will open in the unit select window to the right, then select it for the attack. You can pick up to 4 individual units, and should not be subject to haveing to select the units that are close, you will be able to pick and chose. I don't think you have to cycle through all the units, only the units in range will be highlighted. Every units selected this way will incress the count in the combat screen.

Bender

Post #: 6
- 8/18/2003 7:15:23 PM   
elmo3

Yes, that method works as well.

Post #: 7
- 8/18/2003 9:31:19 PM   
Jeff Lackey

A small nit-pick: it would be a nice UI touch if, when you hit the Max or Add Artillery buttons, the artillery unit/units chosen were highlighted in some way. Not a biggie, just something that would be nice.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Identifying Arty chosen for attack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI