Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Release Time?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Release Time? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Release Time? - 3/20/2021 11:42:05 AM   
lanman

Hi All!

Anyone know at what time exactly on the 25th this will release?

Many thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Release Time? - 3/20/2021 12:25:52 PM   
devoncop

Not been announced yet but Slitherine/Matrix games normally release around 1600 hours GMT.

"I do not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it"

(in reply to lanman)
Post #: 2
RE: Release Time? - 3/20/2021 12:39:25 PM   
lanman

Ok thanks for this!

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 3
RE: Release Time? - 3/20/2021 1:58:27 PM   
Templer_12

Has March 25th been confirmed for the release now?

(in reply to lanman)
Post #: 4
RE: Release Time? - 3/20/2021 2:06:11 PM   
Erik Rutins

Frankly, it will depend on when we're happy that everything is squared away. We aim for "as soon as possible" on a given release date, but at some times it takes longer than at other times. March 25th is indeed the release date.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 5
RE: Release Time? - 3/20/2021 3:10:17 PM   
lanman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Templer_12

Has March 25th been confirmed for the release now?

Was about to reply that yes it was confirmed for the 25th before seeing the response above. Great to see a reply directly from Matrix confirming the 25th again.

Also good to hear they are aiming for "as soon as possible" on the 25th so Erik Rutins thank you!

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 6
3:00 a.m - 3/23/2021 4:09:38 PM   
Templer_12

I would like to point out, that on June 22, 1941, the Wehrmacht pushed into Russia at 3:00 a.m.

So Matrix/Slitherine if close historical authenticity is really that important to you...
Then get up early!

(in reply to lanman)
Post #: 7
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/23/2021 4:23:13 PM   
lanman

I'd be more than willing to get up that early in order to play

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 8
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/23/2021 4:55:58 PM   
Hanny

quote:

I would like to point out, that on June 22, 1941, the Wehrmacht pushed into Russia at 3:00 a.m.

So Matrix/Slitherine if close historical authenticity is really that important to you...
Then get up early!

June 18, 41 Brandenburgers para drop into Suwalki to blow up rail lines along staboltky to Baranovitch, all captured and shot.
June 22
12.30 Zhukov was and Timoshenko issues war Directive 1, orders all commands to alert status.
First ground combat was by the Brandenburger Regiment, elements of all 6 Bttns, at Augustow Grodo area capturing 10 bridges intact, to prepare the way for first wave, combat lasted from 1 to 2.30, the first of the 24 mili actions it will take.
1.15 Soviet Fleets go to war footing.
2.15 Pavlov orders Western Mil District to open and implement its Red Packets war orders.
3.45 first naval loss as SU merchant ship Gaisma a sunk coming towards Riga, by Torp Boats.
First air strikes reach targets in raids lasting from 3.15 to 5.
First German Art along the front opens up at 4.05.
5 in Berlin Molotov is handed a declaration of war.
7 second air strikes reach targets.

< Message edited by Hanny -- 3/23/2021 4:57:21 PM >

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 9
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/23/2021 5:33:31 PM   
Delaware

I have my “I’m refreshing every minute looking for my email “ post ready followed by “why are the servers so slow”

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 10
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/23/2021 10:51:30 PM   
ErickRepie

What time in Asia - (south east asia) particularly ....
In order in time who got first between Asia, Europe, US ?
Historicaly the japs strike early ..lol

(in reply to Delaware)
Post #: 11
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/23/2021 11:17:34 PM   
ObeseMonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: ErickRepie

What time in Asia - (south east asia) particularly ....
In order in time who got first between Asia, Europe, US ?
Historicaly the japs strike early ..lol

I believe it usually releases simultaneously so everyone gets it same time. But I think 16:00 GMT would be around midnight CST if thats any help.

(in reply to ErickRepie)
Post #: 12
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/24/2021 9:35:10 AM   
pbrowne

The 25th is currently 'tomorrow' AWST...I guess us Antipodean folk will have to wait until the 26th?

(in reply to ObeseMonkey)
Post #: 13
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/24/2021 10:32:24 AM   
sillyflower

quote:

Then get up early!

Be careful about wishing for 'close historical authenticity' . Logically, that would push launch back to the 70th anniversary of Barbarossa

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to Templer_12)
Post #: 14
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/24/2021 12:22:38 PM   
Light4bettor

We also need to take into account that most of AGN started their offensive 15 minutes earlier than everyone so they could compensate for daybreak hitting them first due to the northern longitude.

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 15
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/24/2021 12:27:28 PM   
Hanny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Light4bettor

We also need to take into account that most of AGN started their offensive 15 minutes earlier than everyone so they could compensate for daybreak hitting them first due to the northern longitude.

Correct, you may like Barbarossa the first 24 hours, Isabel and Drabkin, it has all the first time something occurred, first tank v tank engagement, first combat loss of life, which SU were in field positions and not tactically surprised and who was not and so on.

(in reply to Light4bettor)
Post #: 16
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/24/2021 5:51:11 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi folks, I've checked in with the production and marketing teams today as we finalize everything with the store setup and do our last QA steps. The most likely release timing is around 11AM US Eastern time / 3PM UK time tomorrow. Obviously that is dependent on many factors but that's our best guess at this point.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 17
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/24/2021 6:38:04 PM   
ranknfile

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi folks, I've checked in with the production and marketing teams today as we finalize everything with the store setup and do our last QA steps. The most likely release timing is around 11AM US Eastern time / 3PM UK time tomorrow. Obviously that is dependent on many factors but that's our best guess at this point.

Thanks for giving us a time, tentative or not. It is appreciated.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 18
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/24/2021 7:53:19 PM   
Light4bettor

quote:

June 18, 41 Brandenburgers para drop into Suwalki to blow up rail lines along staboltky to Baranovitch, all captured and shot.

Hey Hanny,

First I have heard of this incident, any sources that I can read up on it? Not doubting you, but I'm surprised I never heard about it.

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 19
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/24/2021 8:30:38 PM   
Hanny

quote:

quote:

Hey Hanny,

First I have heard of this incident, any sources that I can read up on it? Not doubting you, but I'm surprised I never heard about it.

Online try a search for German sabotage team Brandunberger 800, it’s a Russian link with IK-PTZ RU in it, in book form F Kurowoski ( his other books are also excellent, perhaps the best for first hand accounts in his many books) has it in the Division history, The Brandenburgers Commandoes, German elite warrior spies,

< Message edited by Hanny -- 3/24/2021 8:35:28 PM >

Post #: 20
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/24/2021 8:52:27 PM   
Hanny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Congrats in advance for all the effort made by all concerned👍🏼

Post #: 21
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/24/2021 10:21:52 PM   
smartspick

Can't wait!!!!!

(in reply to ranknfile)
Post #: 22
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/24/2021 10:36:45 PM   
821Bobo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hanny

quote:

quote:

Hey Hanny,

Online try a search for German sabotage team Brandunberger 800, it’s a Russian link with IK-PTZ RU in it, in book form F Kurowoski ( his other books are also excellent, perhaps the best for first hand accounts in his many books) has it in the Division history, The Brandenburgers Commandoes, German elite warrior spies,

Probably more like an urban legend. German commando's tasks were more like to prevent blowing things up, causing chaos and cutting telephone wires.

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 23
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/25/2021 1:37:05 AM   
lanman

Thank you very much for providing this info. Very much appreciated! Thanks for all your hard work, and all the best to you and the team for launch and the days to follow.

Post #: 24
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/25/2021 2:07:39 AM   
spinecruncher

hmm just in time for me to call in sick tomorrow. or perhaps just have it DL while at work because how will the servers handle all the downloads? Can I purchase a premium download position? :)

(in reply to ranknfile)
Post #: 25
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/25/2021 4:10:27 AM   
Light4bettor

quote:

ORIGINAL: 821Bobo:
Probably more like an urban legend. German commando's tasks were more like to prevent blowing things up, causing chaos and cutting telephone wires.

Bobo,

Especially because if they have planned the Bialystok/ Minsk pockets with Pz Gr.2 and 3, what purpose could it serve to damage those rail lines? However, I will reserve the benefit of the doubt and investigate further. I think it is documented that groups of Brandenburgers were across the line pre-invasion to sabotage, but I'm not sure.

And (not relevant, but interesting to me) we have at least one documented case of a German deserter swimming across the Bug to inform the Russians of Barbarossa only hours before the invasion. Though I think with 3 million Germans on the line, there were probably a few more line crossings the night before the invasion that were never recorded (anti-Nazi or pro-Soviet or anti-war German soldiers),(probably either shot on Stalin's orders or summarily shot by the Germans once/if they were recaptured during the day of the invasion).

< Message edited by Light4bettor -- 3/25/2021 6:49:59 AM >

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 26
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/25/2021 4:45:03 AM   
Light4bettor

"The first paratroopers from the 1st Belarusian assault platoon (41 people in the form of the Red Army) were dropped onto Soviet territory on June 18, 1941 near the town of Suwalki to sabotage the Stolbtsy - Baranovichi railway line in parties of 5-11 people. Most of the group was eliminated by the state security authorities."

Hanny/Bobo,

Hanny, the above quote is from that website that you referenced (IK-PTZ RU). Kind of ambiguous as to how they were caught and when they were eliminated but implies these both occurred before the invasion (and that page offers no sources).

I find it plausible that a German trained/backed Belarusian nationalist team (which given the name of the unit, they would presumably be Belarusian nationals) would be dropped behind Soviet lines to low-key cause some infrastructure disruption in that area a few days before the the invasion. It's a small enough operation that the Germans could always feign ignorance to the Soviets I guess.

To illustrate some of the German's pre-war brazenness that adds credence to the above-- What are the estimates on the number of reconnaissance sorties flown by the Luftwaffe into Soviet controlled territory in the months prior to the Barbarossa? Like at least 2000? So it was somewhat blatant in some regards (we know Stalin at the time was informed that the Germans were making relatively frequent reconnaissance flights into the USSR). If the Germans were flying as deep as Kharkov before the invasion (which I believe has documentation in the form of actual aerial photos of pre-war Kharkov military installations, e.g., the famous luftwaffe long-range recon unit led and called by the name of Ro..? forget the name of their leader)), I would guess at least one if not a few of those German reconnaissance air-crews may have made forced landings in Soviet occupied territory and were never heard of again.

< Message edited by Light4bettor -- 3/25/2021 6:52:34 AM >

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 27
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/25/2021 5:15:17 AM   
Light4bettor

Hanny/Bobo,

From a 2011 BBC article based on a Russian (Martirosyan) historian's assertion/research (the 18th of June is mentioned here, though may or may not be related to the parachute drop you mentioned, but I suspect it is in fact the one because by the sentences' context it may have been in Belarusia):

"Ordinary Soviet border guards passed on most of the warnings of the coming invasion", Martirosyan said.

Between 1 and 10 June, they captured 108 enemy spies and saboteurs, he told Komsomolskaya Pravda, and a further 200 or so in the final 12 days before the invasion.

On 14 June, guards on the Belarusian section of the border relayed back to Moscow the correct date of the planned invasion, learnt from two captured saboteurs. The same date was revealed by saboteurs captured on 18 June.

Border guard agents operating on the German-controlled side of the border also confirmed the date repeatedly, Martirosyan found, as did local civilians.

Most poignantly, perhaps, were the Polish women who gathered on the opposite bank of one frontier river on 15 June, cupping their hands around their mouths to shout warnings, in broken Russian, to the Soviet guards facing them.

"Soviets, Soviets, the war is coming!" they were recorded as saying. "Soviets, the war will start in one week!"

Only on 18 June did Stalin order aerial reconnaissance missions to be conducted along the USSR's western borders.

Flying 400km (250 miles) from south to north, one pilot, Air Maj-Gen Georgy Zakharov, reported seeing "frontier regions west of the state border packed with troops... tanks, armoured cars and guns poorly concealed or not concealed at all... roads criss-crossed by motorcycles and what appeared to be staff cars". (end of BBC article excerpt).

I note that the nationalities of the "spies and saboteurs" in the article is ambiguous- ergo, not necessarily German.To me, this brings home the reality that it wasn't just Brandenburgers involved,they most likely had some Belarusian, Ukrainian, Estonian/Latvian/Lithuanian/ Romanian nationals (backed by the Germans) going across and assisting in creating disruption sometime before (and during) the actual invasion. If you believe that 300 spies and saboteurs were caught by the Soviets in the 3 weeks before the invasion, then there had to be more than that sent over, I would presume.( I would also be interested in seeing the Russian historian's research methodology).

That seems pretty rampant/blatant even given the scale of the invasion front. And combined with the frequent German pre-Barbarossa aerial reconnaissance being flown the German pre-war boldness can be perceived as bordering on the absurd. (Of course that is another story).

< Message edited by Light4bettor -- 3/25/2021 7:18:27 AM >

Post #: 28
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/25/2021 7:17:11 AM   
Hanny

quote:

"The first paratroopers from the 1st Belarusian assault platoon (41 people in the form of the Red Army) were dropped onto Soviet territory on June 18, 1941 near the town of Suwalki to sabotage the Stolbtsy - Baranovichi railway line in parties of 5-11 people. Most of the group was eliminated by the state security authorities."

Hanny/Bobo,

Hanny, the above quote is from that website that you referenced (IK-PTZ RU). Kind of ambiguous as to how they were caught and when they were eliminated but implies these both occurred before the invasion (and that page offers no sources).

I find it plausible that a German trained/backed Belarusian nationalist team (which given the name of the unit, they would presumably be Belarusian nationals) would be dropped behind Soviet lines to low-key cause some infrastructure disruption in that area a few days before the the invasion. It's a small enough operation that the Germans could always feign ignorance to the Soviets I guess.

To illustrate some of the German's pre-war brazenness that adds credence to the above-- What are the estimates on the number of reconnaissance sorties flown by the Luftwaffe into Soviet controlled territory in the months prior to the Barbarossa? Like at least 2000? So it was somewhat blatant in some regards (we know Stalin at the time was informed that the Germans were making relatively frequent reconnaissance flights into the USSR). If the Germans were flying as deep as Kharkov before the invasion (which I believe has documentation in the form of actual aerial photos of pre-war Kharkov military installations)), I would guess at least a few air-crews may have made forced landings in Soviet occupied territory and were never heard of again

Pre war SU Secret service archives records, reveal they found 95 German spy rings working inside the SU, and captured and executed a total of 1596, Itz is using the archives opened up since 1990s.

Brandenburgers, under Abwehr command, in January had been instructed by Canaris to form 3 groups walli 1 to 3 for front line recon inside Russia, one for each AG, they got there orders from OKW Auslund/Abwehr, the ones we’re after is Obs Smalschlagers, who was instructed to recruit 2000 Ukrainian nationlists, Under Jary a Ukrainian and Brandenburger Von Lahousen commanding Bttn 800, stationed and trained In Luckenwalde, these began transferring into Russia by end of Jan, Brandenburgers begin forming to act in concert with them in Feb, lahousen, by Order of Kietel, “co ordination of all secret service and military operations to conceal the German build up against Russia” giving Canaris his brief.

Feb 28 Army and Abwehr conference as to how to get the intel it he Army wanted, frame work of submissive operations worked out.Example 1 June 100 Estonians in Russian uniforms, walli 1 was AG North, in operation Erna were deployed from Finland to the Baltic states, 11 June 6 agents went from Krakow to blow up the line between stulponova and Kiev, and were never heard from again. 15 to 18 June large numbers of combat and sabotage teams cross into Russia to operate in the rear, One of which was 2 Brandenburgers in Russian staff uniforms, with orders from Stavka to authorise the transfer of all mil documents to them, which was a success.

By 22 June there were 150 Abwehr/ Brandenburger teams, 3 to 10 men in each, in side Russia waiting to implement their orders, the one we are interested in , “Advance from tip of Suwalki through Augustow to Grodno securing all road and rail bridges”, the blowing up of the rail is to stop its use by the SU as the Germans expect to replace the gauge and not to be using it, and is incidental to the main purpose of securing the bridges.

Kurowoski has first hand accounts of the mission, from survivors, including not having the righ pass word and a fire fight to secure one bridge, 2 men wounded in friendly fire as the Germans come to the bridge and they still in Russian uniforms.

< Message edited by Hanny -- 3/25/2021 7:28:26 AM >

Post #: 29
RE: 3:00 a.m - 3/25/2021 7:24:21 AM   
Light4bettor

Much more extensive than I had ever imagined. +1 Really illuminates and expands my conception of this conflict. Definitely merits a reassessment and more research on my part.

I had previously assumed that the nature of a locked down security state would be seen as too risky and dissuade the majority of people from trying to infiltrate (or participate in local cells) into Soviet controlled territory (i.e., the probability of being caught, tortured, and killed would be perceived as too high).

< Message edited by Light4bettor -- 3/25/2021 7:41:26 AM >

(in reply to Hanny)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Release Time? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI