Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airfield Recon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Airfield Recon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airfield Recon - 4/12/2021 9:04:10 PM   
stryc

Trying to make sense of how air recon works in terms of updating sighted enemy aircraft at an airfield.

Example:

Current tooltip of enemy airfield shows 'turn 1' sighted aircraft.
After a turn 2 air ops recon mission over the same airfield the tooltip still says 'turn 1' sighted information. Any subsequent ground attack missions only damage the airfield and don't seem to find anything there in terms of aircraft to attack.

I presume what's happened is that the aircraft sighted at the airfield in turn 1 have been relocated. My question is, why isn't turn 2 recon of the airfields confirming that?

Another matter:

When performing recon on a group of three enemy airfields it doesn't matter how many recon aircraft I commit to the directive (including hilariously over-stacking it as a test to try and find out what's going on) only the 'top left' airfield within the mission area box is ever recce'd; the other two are never examined. (All three are captured within an 'area:3' sized recon directive.) The recon value in the 'top left' airfield shows 99 but the other two show nothing. I'm clearly not getting something right.
Post #: 1
RE: Airfield Recon - 4/13/2021 9:51:22 AM   
stryc

Added images to help explain.

Turn 2, hilariously over-stacked, recon AD over airfields Af1, 2 & 3.

When executed only Af1 is visited. Af2 & 3 aren't visited at all. (I get that the recon 'attack' markers only show where an asset was lost. Watching the phase play out the lightning only struck in the same place: Af1.)

Af1 recon value skyrocketted, as you would expect, but the tooltip still shows Turn 1 recon details.
Af2 & 3 shows no advance in recon value because they were never visited (and yet each report aircraft present in Turn 1 recon reports, and I wanted to know if they're still there).

My questions are:-
- Why are the other two airfields being ignored?
- Why does the tooltip not update to show the most up to date information, i.e., Turn 2 recon?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by stryc -- 4/13/2021 9:53:54 AM >

(in reply to stryc)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Airfield Recon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI