Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Several issues (bugs)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Several issues (bugs) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Several issues (bugs) - 3/19/2021 4:49:12 PM   
Japo32

Hello!

I have CMO Steam version. I think latest version is 1.02 or so. The mission is the Tutorial cargo one, where you have to disembark in Sicilia several troups.

1. When travelling to destination points, I saw how one of the helicopters was going 2000ft ASL but -100 AGL. OF course if I put follow terrain will do it right, but it should go always above the terrain. It is not ok to travel below the earth.
https://gyazo.com/a4d6a3550059c6ca2ce530456ea8ad30

2. When dropping units on ground, in Tacview they appear in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean as you can see in the image (I zoom out to let you see the coordinates). If I move the units then the position correctly in Tacview where they should be. But it would be nice to show them in the place they are once dropped, without making the move.

https://gyazo.com/e3d1430f211c3b5860e1db050e605718

3. I don't know if this is a bug, but is strange. I go with an helicopter (NH90 TTH) next to an infantry unit. Select units pickup and click over the infantry group. The helicopter goes near the unit (sometimes.. others just ignore it) and then stays in hover for some hours... I don't have any clue or info to tell me if the helicopter is with the units loaded or not, as always it says 20/20 trooper. It is clear to me that something is 20/20 it is full.. but it is supposed the helicopters takeoff empty (but they have 20/20) and even to see if they are full, I just click Drop, but nothing appear. Frustrating.

And another thing I saw.. when we select an infantry unit I don't know where is set the number of soldiers it has. Always appear the number of bullets they have. The only way I found to see the number is selecting the unit and then in Damage Ctrol it will appear the number of mounts, so that I guess is the number of soldiers. Would be nice to see the number of ground units.

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 4/8/2021 7:02:36 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Several issues (bugs) - 3/19/2021 5:16:27 PM   
Japo32

Ok.. I have seen the problem. Because the helicopter was flying below the ground I put the option "terrain Following (above ground level AGL" that makes the helicopter not lower to ground level and not pickup the units.
we have to leave it as automatic to pickup the units.
The prlbem is stil the helicopter goes below the ground.. and the units Dropped appear in the middle of the ocean in Tacview.

Also as I said, would be nice to add the option of number of units of infantry in the right area near the label of what it is, as for example appear with tanks (T90 x 4 units) for example... in infantry even they are 20, they will appear as "Inf" always, and the only way to know the number of them is going inside the Damage Ctrl and see the number of mounts.

Thanks!

(in reply to Japo32)
Post #: 2
RE: Several issues (bugs) - 3/19/2021 6:28:00 PM   
thewood1

As the devs ask, can you post a save and not just an image?

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4914786

(in reply to Japo32)
Post #: 3
RE: Several issues (bugs) - 3/22/2021 9:52:58 AM   
Steve04

quote:

ORIGINAL: Japo32
Also as I said, would be nice to add the option of number of units of infantry in the right area near the label of what it is, as for example appear with tanks (T90 x 4 units) for example... in infantry even they are 20, they will appear as "Inf" always, and the only way to know the number of them is going inside the Damage Ctrl and see the number of mounts.

Thanks!

I agree with Japo32 in advancing the request for immediate information on the number of soldiers that each unit contains (net of any losses in battle), but also on the tons of cargo, in the case of vehicles or weapons, in order to be able to assess what type of plane / helicopter is needed for the pickup.
It would also be necessary to know the reason why a helicopter may not execute the pick-up command (for example: the unit to be loaded of 7 tons, exceeds the maximum cargo of 5 tons ... and so on), because now it remains stationary next to the unit, but without any explanation, with the engine running until it takes off for RTB.
Furthermore, as I have already highlighted in another thread, it would be appropriate that even the boats / landing craft could not only disembark, but also re-embark men and vehicles, which currently - unless updates of the last few days of which I am not aware ... - it doesn't seem possible ...
Thanks, Steve

NB. For these considerations I do not think it necessary to attach, as is usually done, the file of an explanatory scenario ...

< Message edited by Steve04 -- 3/22/2021 9:53:37 AM >

(in reply to Japo32)
Post #: 4
RE: Several issues (bugs) - 3/22/2021 10:50:22 AM   
thewood1

I think it actually is. There are so many variables that need to be considered as to something is happening the way it is. It also alleviates the devs from having to set up a scenario themselves. Just looking at a picture only proves that what the player saw happened. Not why.

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 5
RE: Several issues (bugs) - 3/22/2021 4:39:32 PM   
Japo32

I found a faster way to see the number of units. with the Control key pressed clicking over the units will show the "new" popup windows information with the ammount of units. But I think it would be nice to have it also in the right side menu as with other units.

About the save game. It is very easy. It doesn't need any file. Just load the cargo tutorial.. and you will see how the helicopter goes below the earth, and with tacview the new deployed units appear in the middle of the ocean.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: Several issues (bugs) - 3/22/2021 9:06:00 PM   
Steve04

So OK, here is a simple mission attached to explain the concept and the problem.
Four helicopters are arriving on the coast to evacuate as many ground units.
The helicopters are: nr. 1: AW-101 Merlin (capacity 24 troopers); no. 2: AW-101 Merlin (chap. 24 troopers); no. 3: NH90 (cap.2.5 tons); no. 4: CH-47 Chinook (cap. 10 ton.).
The units to be withdrawn are: nr. 1: Vehicle (VTML Lince x 1); no. 2: Vehicle (Puma x 1); no. 3: Inf Coy (Generic); no. 4: Inf Sec (Sniper 12.7mm).
In addition, an LCVP landing craft (36 troopers, 20 tons) approaches the coast to re-embark an INf Sec (Sniper 12.7mm).
So the problem is that, while we know the load capacity of each helicopter, we don't know the size of each land unit and therefore we have to proceed by trial and error.
So I entrust the VTML Lince vehicle to the Chinook, the Puma to the NH90, the Inf Coy and the Sniper section to the Merlins.

RESULT
The result is that the Chinook does a good job, fully loading the programmed unit.
The Merlin 1 has filled up, comes out with a Cargo 8, loading a good part of the Inf Coy, the Merlin 2 has loaded the Inf. Sec Sniper (cargo 2) and still has a lot of space.
The NH90 is unable to load the Vehicle Puma, it simply continues to run in the Hover, without giving any indication (it can only be assumed that the load is excessive for its 2.5 tons). So I send him to load the remaining part of the Inf Coy, but he has little room for men and takes only 6, for a Cargo 2.
I then send the Merlin 2 which manages to collect all 24 remaining men, for a Cargo 9.
At this point everyone returns to the base and a second trip will be needed by the Chinook and a Merlin to complete the evacuation.
In fact, the landing craft did not want to take on board the Inf. Sec. Sniper (but I believe that unfortunately CMO is not yet programmed to allow boats to pick up units from the coast with the Pick-up command).

ISSUES TO IMPROVE
Overall it seems to me that it was a good operation from the point of view of the result.
The Pick-up function, however, could be much improved if we could immediately know how many men and how many tons and possibly how much area each unit needs to be picked up, in order to program the helicopter / unit combination.
I don't know how many men have, for example, an Inf. Sec. Sniper. I only see that it contains 20 x 12.7mm rifle volley. In fact, the database, rich in many details, lacks the specific indication of the number of soldiers, indeed there are numbers that deceive, such as "Capacity 20" which could seem the number of men.
Only when the unit is embarked on the helicopter it turns out that there are only 5 men, including riflemen and observers.
Similarly we discover that each of the 12 7.62mm Inf Coy mount is made up of 3 men and the total of the unit, including 81mm and 84mm mortars is 52 men, so two Merlin helicopters are not enough.
Then, as far as the Lince and Puma vehicles are concerned, only later do we discover that they weigh 6 tons each, so it is necessary to use a 10 ton Chinook for each vehicle.
Here, all these indications would be very useful if they were provided in a preventive way, or with a small number next to the unit icon, or even simply by implementing them with the CTRL + Hover function which currently, as regards the Cargo, only indicates some well known data and so not significant, like 1 VTML Lince (?!) or 1 Sniper Section...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Steve04 -- 3/22/2021 9:36:00 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Several issues (bugs) - 4/6/2021 8:06:54 PM   
WSBot

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 8
RE: Several issues (bugs) - 4/10/2021 1:23:29 PM   
Steve04

quote:

ORIGINAL: WSBot

Are you referring to the problem I raised?
What do this number mean?

(in reply to WSBot)
Post #: 9
RE: Several issues (bugs) - 4/10/2021 10:48:46 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve04
quote:

ORIGINAL: WSBot

Are you referring to the problem I raised?
What do this number mean?

It's an Issue tracking number in their system.

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 10
RE: Several issues (bugs) - 4/20/2021 8:26:50 PM   
Steve04

So no solutions or comments for the issues raised in this topic?

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Several issues (bugs) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI