Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis T4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Axis T4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis T4 - 5/15/2021 10:04:38 AM   
CatSoup

I usually runs into a solid wall of russian on the bank of the 2 river and lose a ton of man trying grind out a breach. But russian somehow always come up with more troop to seal the gap before i can bag them since the tanks are always low on fuel and can't go far...
there is no HQ build up anymore, how do you get the tanks supplied?
Post #: 1
RE: Axis T4 - 5/15/2021 1:26:02 PM   
carlkay58

Logistics. You have to advance your rail heads and build friendly depots to get the supplies to the panzers. You can look at my AAR to get a grasp as to how I prevented the T4 supply problems from affecting my panzers.

(in reply to CatSoup)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis T4 - 5/15/2021 3:46:00 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: CatSoup

I usually runs into a solid wall of russian on the bank of the 2 river and lose a ton of man trying grind out a breach. But russian somehow always come up with more troop to seal the gap before i can bag them since the tanks are always low on fuel and can't go far...

Can you post a picture of the front before the attack with the MP's of your unit if you have it. Plus show where you attacked. I would like to exam that before commenting.

Thank you in advance.

(in reply to CatSoup)
Post #: 3
RE: Axis T4 - 5/16/2021 7:09:24 AM   
CatSoup

Actually started a new game, going a lot more aggressive T1 than last time but Russian still got a full line at the river already and I will have to wait for my infantry again...

my screen shot are 4k and too large too upload and so Pasteboard
K27DVBh.png
K27Efkt.png
This is my new T2. Am i suppose to bash my tanks against the line... doesn't seem like a great idea but if i wait for the infantry I will run into the same problem...

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 4
RE: Axis T4 - 5/16/2021 3:27:46 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

Actually started a new game, going a lot more aggressive T1 than last time but Russian still got a full line at the river already and I will have to wait for my infantry again...

K27DVBh.png
K27Efkt.png
This is my new T2. Am i suppose to bash my tanks against the line... doesn't seem like a great idea but if i wait for the infantry I will run into the same problem...

You may need 10 post before the picture shows :(

(in reply to CatSoup)
Post #: 5
RE: Axis T4 - 5/16/2021 3:29:27 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

K27DVBh.png
K27Efkt.png

Without the picture I cant answer the questions. Sorry

(in reply to CatSoup)
Post #: 6
RE: Axis T4 - 5/16/2021 4:12:55 PM   
Jango32

You can go to pasteboard.co/ and add one of the pictures after the slash to see it. By the way HYAG, your PM storage is full...

< Message edited by Jango32 -- 5/16/2021 4:13:30 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Axis T4 - 5/16/2021 5:41:22 PM   
Beethoven1

Here are clickable links to the screenshots (doesn't work with the image ubb code, but the link works)

https://pasteboard.co/K27DVBh.png

https://pasteboard.co/K27Efkt.png

Anyway, as for the actual question:

quote:

I am no Germany expert, but I would say:

a) For supply, repair the rail line from Brest-Litovsk to Minsk and build a depot in Minsk. This will take more than 1 turn, but just stating the obvious.
b) Also use air supply to resupply tanks. You will get more if you drop it onto an airfield.
c) Try to avoid unnecessary combat on turn 1 with your tanks and move as far forward as you can while holding encirclements, this way they will have more fuel/CPP/supplies etc left on turn 2. However, you start with enough supplies etc that you should be fine for the next turn at least regardless.

In the north, you can and should get across the river on turn 1. In the center south of Vitebsk, it takes at least 2-3 turns.

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 8
RE: Axis T4 - 5/16/2021 9:03:01 PM   
CatSoup

Should i sit around with my tank until my infantry catches up?

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 9
RE: Axis T4 - 5/16/2021 9:43:42 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

Should i sit around with my tank until my infantry catches up?

What is your goal? Moscow? I know that is what I would go for and I wouldn't even go for Leningrad if equal opponents taking those PZ corps to Moscow too along with the PZ Corps from center. I would use 1 PZ Corps in the North to at least take Pskov and Tallinn first though.

All of this is based on the attached picture. I would make my final determination after a good recon, but based on this picture I say this;

Why would you want to sit and wait for infantry when you already have more than enough infantry at the front to accomplish pushing the center. Your motorized infantry have over 30mp by gosh!!!!!! Why worry about the river crossing when you can push the center and eventually most Soviets of those Soviets on the river will leave it anyway without you pushing that area (I am referencing H2H games, not AI). Marked in Yellow is what should have been taken on the 1st turn for a push on Moscow. But that will come with experience & Everyone should be going for Moscow and push it as hard as possible. Marked in orange should be your major rail track conversion for the push on Moscow. I say full steam ahead and damn the torpedoes & don't be a Montgomery.(Sorry Montgomery lovers).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to CatSoup)
Post #: 10
RE: Axis T4 - 5/16/2021 9:46:42 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

You do need to get your pockets under control in the rear too. So move all your units from BACK to front to get that under control before plunging forward.

Post #: 11
RE: Axis T4 - 5/18/2021 7:11:14 AM   
CatSoup

I was thinking about cross the river from north and south of smolensk then encircle all of the soviet defending the land bridge by meeting up east of smolensk. Grinding it out with my tanks seem like it would burn though my armors...

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Axis T4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI