Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.09.03b] Scrapped cards requirements aren't removed immediately

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09.03b] Scrapped cards requirements aren't removed immediately Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.09.03b] Scrapped cards requirements aren't removed i... - 3/21/2021 5:05:23 PM   
Elver

[Edit: updated title from 1.08.05 to 1.09.03b after verifying this still is occurring.]
[Edit: updated title from 1.08.04b to 1.08.05 after verifying this still is occurring.]

If you scrap all copies of a card (e.g., Embassies major regime card), the card is removed immediately. However, the card's requirements to be played are not removed, and the card that was to the scrapped card's right will use the scrapped card's play requirements to determine if it can be played (to continue the above example, e.g. 1000 credit gift will check to see if you already have embassies and as long as you don't, you'll be able to play the card even if you don't meet the requirements (e.g., you only have 100 credits - in this case, you'll get the regime relation change if it passes the roll, and you'll have -900 credits). Checking with other cards than the ones from this example, it's using the correct pass/fail/don't check criteria to see if it succeeds, but it uses the scrapped card's play requirement.

Cards to the left of the scrapped cards have the correct requirement.

Note that if you close and re-open the Stratagems tab the requirements are updated and correctly reflect the cards to be played, but if you simply scroll left and right among multiple pages w/in the tab no change occurs. You also can make the card list point to requirements further to their left than one space by scrapping additional cards between them and the requirements you want to meet - the requirements to play will be whatever card's requirements were at that index of the card list when the tab was opened, regardless of what card is now at that index.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Elver -- 6/1/2021 10:01:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: [1.08.05] Scrapped cards requirements aren't remove... - 4/7/2021 4:12:21 PM   
Elver

Just bumping this to note that this same problem still occurs in a new game with the latest patch (1.08.05). E.g., in Major Regime strategies I have the cards [Overture, Open Contact, Propose Peace, and NA Pact]. If I try to target my neighbor with NA Pact, the UI tells me I need relation of 60 to try it and won't let me. If I then switch to Scrap Mode and scrap Open Contact and Propose Peace (making the formerly 4th card the 2nd in the list) I can suddenly attempt to execute the strategy despite my regime relations, and if it succeeds our relationship changes. If I close the Strat tab and reopen it w/o attempting to use the card, I will again be correctly told regime relation must be 60 and I won't be able to play the card.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Elver)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.09.03b] Scrapped cards requirements aren't remov... - 6/1/2021 10:00:20 PM   
Elver

I just tested in beta 1.09.03b, and this bug/exploit is still present.

[Edit: If the above mess isn't clear enough to understand or at least duplicate what I'm describing, imagine it like this: there's two lists or arrays created when you open the stratagem tab, one with graphics and effects for each card, and one with the requirements to play them. When your mouse points to one of the cards on the left side of the UI, an image, description, and either difficulty or reason you can't use it on the current target appears on the right side above the white/greyed-out Execute button. If you go to scrap cards, it's like the cards are removed from the graphics and effect list, but not the requirement list, so if you then try to select a card in the UI it'll display the card that IS at the list index you picked but the requirements for the card that WAS there before you scrapped the cards, and it'll use those requirements to decide if you can execute it regardless of what requirements should be applied. Once you re-open the tab, the lists get recreated and this no longer applies.]

< Message edited by Elver -- 6/2/2021 2:49:33 AM >

(in reply to Elver)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.09.03b] Scrapped cards requirements aren't remov... - 6/2/2021 10:25:58 AM   
Vic

This will be fixed for the next patch!

Sorry I never caught this thread. Did so now!

Thanks for insisting as you are completely right

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Elver)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.09.03b] Scrapped cards requirements aren't removed immediately Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI