Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best Soviet Front Commanders

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Best Soviet Front Commanders Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best Soviet Front Commanders - 6/9/2021 10:03:11 PM   
Beethoven1

As far as I can tell (correct me if I am wrong), it seems to be conventional wisdom that the best use of the Soviet's top commanders such as Zhukov, Tolbukhin, Vatutin, etc is for them to command armies, not fronts (or STAVKA).

But there are a lot of armies. If you use all your best commanders on the armies, then there are not a lot of generals left over to command Fronts. So what is the basis for picking front commanders? And when is it worth replacing/upgrading front commanders?
Post #: 1
RE: Best Soviet Front Commanders - 6/9/2021 10:27:36 PM   
loki100

early on, you want to get Tolbukhin, Malinovski and that generation of leaders into an army command (& one that will win a lot). They will pick up a few pts that way, get promoted which makes them much cheaper to move into a Front.

The leadership maths for the Soviets are brutal. If an army commander has 5 or less for a variable, then at least 50% of their checks are going to the Front to hopefully pass. Good Front commanders are much more essential than good army commanders for the Germans

Stavka it really depends where the front lines are. If you are fighting between Mosoow and Smolensk, Zhukov is a good choice, there is not much of a range malus and till you get the leaders (& admin pts), he can compensate for gaps in your Front leadership, won't help much on the fringes of course.

In general, don't move Stavka from Moscow, placed on a NSS its incredibly useful to repair SUs without having to send them to the reserve.

(in reply to Beethoven1)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room >> Best Soviet Front Commanders Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI