Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible tutorial + v1.00.12 Beta Issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Data / Map Issues >> Possible tutorial + v1.00.12 Beta Issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible tutorial + v1.00.12 Beta Issue - 6/25/2021 3:09:01 PM   
MarkShot

With the options set as per the tutorial.

The Germans hold at Hex 201,130. I had to reduce German morale 2 levels below easy to force them to retreat.

Thanks.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)
Post #: 1
RE: Possible tutorial + v1.00.12 Beta Issue - 6/25/2021 4:59:34 PM   
HansBolter

Hey Markshot, how have you been?

I picked this up for my birthday three days ago and am still waiting on my hard copy manual to dig in.

I did read the PDF quick guides and took a look at the tutorial scenario.

Very, very disappointed with the lack of controls over screen resolution.

I asked for help in the tech forum, but have been ignored by this crowd.

Have been completely addicted to War in the Pacific Admirals Addition for the past fifteen years, but occasionally find myself branching out.

Its hard to find a week long game turn game appealing after enjoying the level of detail a one day game turn game provides.

Played WITE a bit, dabbled with but was disappointed in WITW.

Haven't had much desire to go back to the tactical level with the Panther Games, but did thoroughly enjoy my past foray into it.

Hope you are doing well.

Please say hi to Dave for me if you are still in touch with him.

Hans

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible tutorial + v1.00.12 Beta Issue - 6/25/2021 5:13:06 PM   
MarkShot

Hans,

Yes, we are in touch. But I am not actively developing anymore. As you can see, I finally defected to see what GG HEX/TBS game looks like. I miss PG's intelligent agents, but I have to say there is not enough cycle on a single core to model anything of this scope with the PG system.

What's you issue with resolution? I mean, I assume you have some form of LCD or OLED device. It is only going to look good on native.

I started playing at 1080P full screen on a 32" TV, but I switched to windowed as I have the manual or YouTube lesson up on the 21" 4:3 LCD. A very friendly way to learn. There is a problem with 2 monitor support, but I can help you with that, as I already coded around the problem.

I think without 32" the text might be too small for aging eyes.

There is a file ...

E:\Games\WITE2\Dat\GuiFonts.json

that appears to hold all the font data. I think you could make a mod which might make it more readable. Although it is unclear whether the GUI will size dynamically. Still you could use bold and heavy fonts at maybe just a point size of +2. Paradox's Stellaris font seem pretty sharp. Obviously, you couldn't post such a mod, but you could roll one for yourself.

Let me know if I can help you.

(於 11/13/21 台北,台灣,中國退休)

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible tutorial + v1.00.12 Beta Issue - 6/26/2021 12:48:55 PM   
HansBolter

My problem is that running the game on my 32" 4k monitor makes everything way too small to be legible.
Not only is text too small, but so are the hexes.

I can't find anywhere in the game interface a way to set the screen resolution of the game.

Using the recommended tricks to scale up text does nothing to help the tiny hex size.
Only changing to a lower resolution does that.

I can make the game tolerable by first reducing the resolution of my monitor to 1920x1080, but that is something I remain adamant about NOT giving in to in order to be able to play the game.

Even WITPAE, an ANCIENT Gary Grigsby game, allows me to add command line switches to the short cut tab to customize screen resolution. I run that game in an even lower resolution.

WITPAE is by far and away the greatest wargame EVER made. GG swears he will never make another due to the herculean effort required. You should check it out.

Hans

(in reply to MarkShot)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Scenario Data / Map Issues >> Possible tutorial + v1.00.12 Beta Issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI