Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Slovak Airforce & Pilots

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Slovak Airforce & Pilots Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/18/2021 2:53:50 AM   
AlbertN

Simple question - what happens to the Slovak Pilots once their airforce dissolves?

They're not getting new Air Groups for all I've seen in the reinforcement schedule.
Post #: 1
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/18/2021 3:36:15 AM   
RoadWarrior

Good question.

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 2
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/19/2021 12:13:02 PM   
AlbertN

No one knows?
In the production screen I even see a He111 model that can go to Slovakia (Not even sure where it would fit since it's a bomber). And they're being built!!! (I assume exported - have not checked yet)

(in reply to RoadWarrior)
Post #: 3
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/19/2021 1:33:14 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: RoadWarrior

Good question.

and one that is remarkably easy to check, this is from T44 (so long after the Slovak air units were withdrawn):

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RoadWarrior)
Post #: 4
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/19/2021 2:15:28 PM   
AlbertN

So pratically the game enforces the Axis to have trained pilots to just be idle for many, many years; and ontop of that Germany will also feed Slovakia Heinkels that will never get used?

It seems baffling to me and a scream to 'Kamikaze your Slovak pilots' before they get stripped of their airplanes. (Which is silly obviously).

A fix would do good:

A) Slovak Pilots should either be added to the Luftwaffe or kept as Slovaks. (National Morale for pilots probably matters)
B) Slovak Airforce formations are preserved and one of them (or more) converts to bomber formation (since they receive He111)

I rest in my case anyhow the Axis should be able to choose if to disband or not their formations.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 5
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/19/2021 6:28:02 PM   
Omat

The 13. Staffel (slowakisches) Jagdgeschwader 52 will be arrive (renamed)

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 6
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/19/2021 7:03:54 PM   
821Bobo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlbertN

So pratically the game enforces the Axis to have trained pilots to just be idle for many, many years; and ontop of that Germany will also feed Slovakia Heinkels that will never get used?

It seems baffling to me and a scream to 'Kamikaze your Slovak pilots' before they get stripped of their airplanes. (Which is silly obviously).

A fix would do good:

A) Slovak Pilots should either be added to the Luftwaffe or kept as Slovaks. (National Morale for pilots probably matters)
B) Slovak Airforce formations are preserved and one of them (or more) converts to bomber formation (since they receive He111)

I rest in my case anyhow the Axis should be able to choose if to disband or not their formations.

All the exports to Axis minors are based on real war deliveries. Slovakia got He-111s, Ju-87s but the training have not been finished(uprising in 44) hence no Slovak units flying them. Slovak squadron 13. was equipped with Bf-109 and subordinated to JG 52(its ingame with Slovak pilots).

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 7
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/20/2021 11:49:51 AM   
AlbertN

I remain unconvinced of dead end designs in general, giving bombers out of precious warframes that could get used ... when Axis is already short of equipment.

Sure in '44 there were Slovak Uprisings due to Soviets approaching and the war not being favorable anymore.

But training for bomber pilots that goes from June '41 (yes that's where Slovaks are getting the first He111!) to late '44?

Just put a Slovak bomber air unit, a Slovak tactical bomber air unit, etc. When and if they got enough planes and pilots ready, Axis can use that.
Simple as.

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 8
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/20/2021 12:45:46 PM   
DeletedUser44

Sounds goofy to me that the designers hard-coded a "Slovak uprising" in 1944, when it is not decided if the Soviet advance even makes it that far in '44.

I've noticed that there are a number of factors / events that seemed to be very weighted in favor of the Soviet Union in WiTE2.

For example, factory evacuation is yet another.

(in reply to AlbertN)
Post #: 9
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/20/2021 12:54:27 PM   
821Bobo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sauron_II

Sounds goofy to me that the designers hard-coded a "Slovak uprising" in 1944, when it is not decided if the Soviet advance even makes it that far in '44.

I've noticed that there are a number of factors / events that seemed to be very weighted in favor of the Soviet Union in WiTE2.

Before making such assumption read manual first please. Chapter 14.3 is handling surrender of Axis minors.

(in reply to DeletedUser44)
Post #: 10
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/20/2021 1:19:26 PM   
AlbertN

Yes Soviets need to get in some specific towns for that to trigger. And that is good that some events are geographically triggered!

(in reply to 821Bobo)
Post #: 11
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/20/2021 2:00:34 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sauron_II

struggle with this claim, the Soviets can't do all the wierd stunts with their factories that were in WiTE1, if the Germans do better than historical (speed or distance) they do unreplaceable damage to the Soviet economy?

(in reply to DeletedUser44)
Post #: 12
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/20/2021 6:15:29 PM   
Denniss

the Slovak air unit attached to a german JG seems to be using german Bf 109 instead of Slovakian.
I may need to look at slovak Bf 109 arrivals to have those in sync with air unit change.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 13
RE: Slovak Airforce & Pilots - 7/20/2021 7:00:58 PM   
AlbertN

I think it would be taxing on the coding matter if -1- single unit of NationX is to use pilots of NationY.

But yes someone at that stage can just track if the Slovak pilots in pool diminish at any given point.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Slovak Airforce & Pilots Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI