Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The production system is too opaque

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The production system is too opaque Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The production system is too opaque - 7/22/2021 12:59:18 PM   
Kriegsspieler

I have been trying to study how production occurs in the game, and I must say it is exceedingly difficult to figure out what is going on. This is particularly so regarding chassis that then are used in a variety of finished products. Aircraft frames aren't quite so complicated, because typically a single airframe is only used in a limited number of finished planes,and often only one. But even there it can be difficult to see what's happening.

Let's take the case of the SdKfz-251. That chassis finds various uses in half-tracked vehicles, but it's hard to see what they all are. I first stumbled on this puzzle when I happened to click on the Panzer Hvy MG Section 40 unit. There you can see that it is built on the SdKfz-251. At the start of the game, the 251 is built in Hannover at two factories having a combined output of 32 units. So where do those chassis go? Well, into the Panzer Hvy MG Section 40, for one, which I discovered by accident, and into the basic finished Sdkfz-251 halftrack, for another. There also appears to be a mortar carrier that uses the 251 chassis, but what else? Do those 32 units have other destinations, or do extras just pile up in the dead chassis stockpile? It would help to have a clearer guide to which finished products use which chassis and airframes.

A second puzzle concerns just where these finished products are made. Specific airframe and chassis factories can be bombed and their production reduced, but as far as I can see a similar hazard does not exist for the production of finished vehicles and planes. Once the chassis and other required elements are available, they just appear, right?
Post #: 1
RE: The production system is too opaque - 7/22/2021 2:46:18 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kriegsspieler

A second puzzle concerns just where these finished products are made. Specific airframe and chassis factories can be bombed and their production reduced, but as far as I can see a similar hazard does not exist for the production of finished vehicles and planes. Once the chassis and other required elements are available, they just appear, right?

no, see ch 28. Arms pts are used to construct the actual element, whether that is a tank, a gun or an infantry squad.

Inputs include chassis if appropriate.

So if you can somehow knock out your opponent's Arm pt production you stop element production - except that neither side of course has the air capacity to even get started on this

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Kriegsspieler)
Post #: 2
RE: The production system is too opaque - 7/22/2021 4:42:18 PM   
Kriegsspieler

No, I do realize that armament points are needed for the finished products, but that's a pretty diffuse and generalized requirement compared to all the specificity built into the system with respect to how chassis and airframes are made.

Perhaps this could be a prompt to the developers to put some more clarity (i.e., where specifically chassis and airframes are used) into the system, as well as perhaps even some player input into how it works in a future dlc.

That's heresy, I know, but all I can say in my defense is that they did open that door once before, in War in the Pacific.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: The production system is too opaque - 7/22/2021 4:48:14 PM   
loki100

suggest see this post by Joel?

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5053081

your question was where is the 'hazard' for element production - I pointed you to arms pts production

(in reply to Kriegsspieler)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The production system is too opaque Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI