Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Alien Diplomacy - Change Ecology to diplomacy roll

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Alien Diplomacy - Change Ecology to diplomacy roll Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Alien Diplomacy - Change Ecology to diplomacy roll - 7/31/2021 10:05:36 AM   
Maerchen

Hello!

I am currently tinkering with alien diplomacy, got me a nice CHA 42 foreign affairs guy and successfully rolled to get the Alien Diplomat.

Turns out this an INT based Ecology roll, with a +30 bonus for every language level acquired . While I like the idea,

I suggest that a diplomacy roll should be based on diplomacy, and the ecology skill be a bonus to that roll instead of the +30 for language.

Stay safe y'all!

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.
Post #: 1
RE: Alien Diplomacy - Change Ecology to diplomacy roll - 7/31/2021 11:28:50 AM   
zgrssd

There are very few ways in which one skill can be a bonus to another roll. It is currently limited to Improvisation and 6th sense, which are skills dedicated to changing other rolls.

So there is not realy a mechanic for Ecology to support a Diplomacy Roll. Vic would first have to decide how "supporting Skills" should work in general.

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 2
RE: Alien Diplomacy - Change Ecology to diplomacy roll - 7/31/2021 1:00:52 PM   
Elver

I'm against this change. Human diplomacy would not and should not improve random alien diplomacy.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Alien Diplomacy - Change Ecology to diplomacy roll Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI