Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiplayer won't load

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Multiplayer won't load Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiplayer won't load - 8/20/2021 9:22:29 PM   
jubjub

Sorry this hit you with a second one on a Friday, but I can't load my save vs Gam3r.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by jubjub -- 8/20/2021 9:24:56 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Multiplayer won't load - 8/20/2021 10:12:36 PM   
Gam3r

had the issue when uploading - HTTP timeout..., game run logistic phase once more and then upload, that might be the case.

*edit*

yes indeed. When game run logistic it usually shows map from your opponent point of view, so your territory shows as enemy. But it changed to opposite when it runs logistic 2nd time due to internet glitch

Now i can load that save.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Gam3r -- 8/20/2021 10:18:03 PM >

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 2
RE: Multiplayer won't load - 8/20/2021 10:31:54 PM   
jubjub

LOL no looksies plz

(in reply to Gam3r)
Post #: 3
RE: Multiplayer won't load - 8/20/2021 10:32:59 PM   
Gam3r

Sure

do not look

< Message edited by Gam3r -- 8/20/2021 10:43:54 PM >

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 4
RE: Multiplayer won't load - 8/20/2021 10:38:39 PM   
Joel Billings

So are you saying it is ok if you load it, or are you saying you're loading in your opponents turn and clearly it's bad? In that case, I will have to ask Matrix if there is a way to revert to a prior save in their new MP manager, as I don't see an option to do that when I look at your game files.

I just checked and oddly the two most recent saves are Soviet turn 49 Air Phase and Soviet turn 50 Air Phase. There is no German turn 50 save.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Gam3r)
Post #: 5
RE: Multiplayer won't load - 8/20/2021 10:48:50 PM   
Joel Billings

Can you give a little more detail on what happened on your end to have it somehow mess up the player? It seems like the turn 50 save which I assume is the most recent save looks ok when I load it in. If it's a problem for you, do you want me to revert to turn 49. If one of these files is ok, our plan b would be to convert your game to a PBEM game file if needed (assuming one of these two saves is ok).

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
RE: Multiplayer won't load - 8/20/2021 11:37:49 PM   
Gam3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Can you give a little more detail on what happened on your end to have it somehow mess up the player?

I'm press the end turn button. Game run the logistics for axis player. When it comes to uploading turn HTTP timeout message popup. Before patch you just get stuck in bugged enviroment and need to redone your turn, but this time game run the logistic again, but i had the impression that it was for the soviet player instead of axis. Game finished logistic - uploaded save. thats it

quote:

If it's a problem for you, do you want me to revert to turn 49.

I guess it's OK, i'm rerun my T49

< Message edited by Gam3r -- 8/20/2021 11:38:53 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Multiplayer won't load - 8/21/2021 1:06:21 AM   
Joel Billings

So you got the timeout message. You were still in the game at that point? What did you see on the screen?

Are you saying that you were able to redownload the game and redo your turn, or are you stuck downloading a German turn, or are both you and your opponent unable to download? Pavel (the programmer) returns Monday and I can ask him to look at this thread when he returns and see if there's something that can be done. I'm still not clear though exactly where your game is at now. That is who can access it and is it unplayable now without our intervention)?

Sorry you're having this problem.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Gam3r)
Post #: 8
RE: Multiplayer won't load - 8/21/2021 1:29:19 AM   
Gam3r

quote:

So you got the timeout message. You were still in the game at that point? What did you see on the screen?

Yes i'm still in the game. Game resets itself and start redoing logistic (might be for wrong side) i did not reload anything, didnot rerun my turn it was all on auto, and seems working fine except it doesnot

quote:

Are you saying that you were able to redownload the game and redo your turn, or are you stuck downloading a German turn, or are both you and your opponent unable to download?

No. I mean if you can upload to server T49 for soviet side, i then redo my turn.

quote:

Pavel (the programmer) returns Monday and I can ask him to look at this thread when he returns and see if there's something that can be done. I'm still not clear though exactly where your game is at now. That is who can access it and is it unplayable now without our intervention)?
Sorry you're having this problem.

I didnot load the game after that bug, i suspect it shows me axis units and thats spoil the surprise my opponent prepare.

If you cant revert to T49, then we wait for monday i guess.

Post #: 9
RE: Multiplayer won't load - 8/22/2021 12:41:30 AM   
Joel Billings

I'm checking with Matrix to see if there is a way to revert. I probably won't know until Monday at the earliest. I'll also ask Pavel to look at this thread in case there's anything he can do programmatically to improve this kind of situation in the future.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Gam3r)
Post #: 10
RE: Multiplayer won't load - 8/24/2021 6:40:18 PM   
Joel Billings

I've deleted your last save and it should now revert back to the prior save. Please try getting into the game now.
Pavel is working on trying to come up with a better way of dealing with systems that lose connectivity to the internet. We hope to have something to send to Matrix later this week. If you have internet issues, I'd suggest just loading the game to make sure it is working ok and at the right part of the turn, and then exiting the game without saving again. You should then wait until the new exe is available. If you and your opponent want to test out the exe as soon as we have it, email me at 2by3@2by3games.com and I'll try to make the exe available to you as soon as possible. I realize this may not be possible given that you and your opponent may have multiple games and may not be able to use a different exe before it is made publicly available.

-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Gam3r)
Post #: 11
RE: Multiplayer won't load - 8/25/2021 9:10:07 AM   
Gam3r

Load the game. it is turn 49. making my move.

Guess i will wait for public patch, no need to rush

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support >> Multiplayer won't load Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI