Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weird map files

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Weird map files Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weird map files - 9/6/2003 7:16:35 PM   
Warrior

I just noticed a very strange thing: while copying one of my maps from one game to another, I saw the "rec" file was over 5000Kb's in size! There were a few others of such a large size, also. (I have the H2H and standard version games installed, and this anomoly was seen in both.)

When I ran a virus scan of the file in question it said there were 27 files in there! How could this happen? It would make one of my scenarios over 5Mb in dowload size. I just scanned it again and now it says 30 files are in that one?!? What's going on? Anybody else seen this?

Curious & curiouser: I download the zip file of the scenario from my web storage site, and the zip file was "normal" size, but when unzipped still showed the rec file as huge. I am totally perplexed.

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 1
- 9/6/2003 11:58:22 PM   
Warrior

Here's what Wild Bill wrote me concerning this:

"I'm not even sure what those files are Steve. You don't have to have them to send out the scenario. The game always creates one as soon as you open it in the editor. I think it has to do with the replay feature.

But if you get big ones, do as I do. Just delete them when you send out the scenario."

I deleted the file in question and the scenario opened with no problem. Since I always play a scenario repeatedly during testing, his answer makes sense.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Warrior)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Weird map files Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI