Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

GC 1941 - Closed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Opponents Wanted >> GC 1941 - Closed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
GC 1941 - Closed - 10/14/2021 7:40:18 PM   
jubjub

Want to start a new Axis campaign once the newest patch comes out in the next few days. Looking for an experienced Soviet player.

Enhanced TB control On
Full Fog of War
Full Movement FOW

House Rules:
No paratrooper drops
No naval invasions west of Sevastopol after it's been captured
No air missions with more than 200 sorties in a flight in '41
No removing SU's from ZOC'd units and HQ's

< Message edited by jubjub -- 10/15/2021 3:40:47 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: GC 1941 - 10/15/2021 7:05:27 AM   
Nix77

quote:

ORIGINAL: jubjub

Sorry, unrelated to your opponent search, but how would you define "ZOC'd units"? I've been also thinking that the mass evacuation of support units through a narrow gap in a pocket seems a bit unrealistic, but not sure how to enforce this in a game, or how the devs could fix that.

I think an easy fix for this would be to require the HQ to have the "off-rail MP" less than around 5-15MP (maybe?) to be able to send support units out. Not sure how it's currently limited, since HQs can move SUs inside a pocket freely, which is OK in my opinion. Seems like it's a simple isolated/not isolated switch.

(in reply to jubjub)
Post #: 2
RE: GC 1941 - 10/15/2021 12:09:39 PM   
jubjub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nix77

quote:

ORIGINAL: jubjub

Sorry, unrelated to your opponent search, but how would you define "ZOC'd units"? I've been also thinking that the mass evacuation of support units through a narrow gap in a pocket seems a bit unrealistic, but not sure how to enforce this in a game, or how the devs could fix that.

I think an easy fix for this would be to require the HQ to have the "off-rail MP" less than around 5-15MP (maybe?) to be able to send support units out. Not sure how it's currently limited, since HQs can move SUs inside a pocket freely, which is OK in my opinion. Seems like it's a simple isolated/not isolated switch.

Yeah it's mainly to prevent evacuation of support units. Trust me, it's pretty easy to catch, although I do think the devs should implement it as a rule.

To clarify, you can only move SU's to an HQ if you can trace a path from the original HQ that doesn't incur the ZOC to ZOC MP penalty described in 38.7.1. You're free to change HQ's within a pocket (closed or unclosed) and try to sneak them out with the HQ as long as you follow this rule.

I'm a big proponent of the off-rail MP idea, but it's too much calculation and should be handled by the devs.

(in reply to Nix77)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Opponents Wanted >> GC 1941 - Closed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI