Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rearming with different loadout + few other questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Rearming with different loadout + few other questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rearming with different loadout + few other questions - 9/17/2021 4:32:50 PM   
nukkxx5058

Hello,

a) With PBEM in mind (where micromanagement is generally not possible) I was wondering if, when an aircraft is returning to base from a AAW patrol mission after winchester/shotgun, I can give an order to automatically rearm with a different type of loadout that the one it was initially carrying. Is there a way to order an automatic re-arming with a different loadout ? I know I can do it manually but as I'm playing pbem, I won't have the opportunity to do it manually and might have to wait and lose some precious time before being able to change the loadout (for example if the rearming occurs during my opponent's turn).
Any idea if it's possibe ?

b) How do I know the max capacity of an airport ? I would like to change base for a few aircrafts but how do I know before to click the rebase button that there will be enough free hangars and that the planes will be able to rebase in the new airbase ?

c) Can I undo a rearming order ? If I made a mistake (for example I forgot to click the "enable quick" or picked the wrong loadout, can I undo and redo without losing time (assuming I was in pause and didn't launch the clock) ? I don't see any way to purely cancel the order without any penalty.

Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Rearming with different loadout + few other questions - 9/17/2021 9:23:57 PM   
KLAB

You should go with a request on the LUA forum.
I found this after a quick search and it's from KnightHawk75 to check conditions so you could use events trigger such as an aircraft being destroyed to prompt from a check to check to see if the aircraft had landed before SE_unit changed the loadouts and mission?
I'll find the link in due course.

- Function to return true if a it's very likely a aircraft unit is currently in the air. -- takes in unit wrapper of unit to check
- function gKH.Unit:isAircraftAirborne(u)
- if ((u.condition_v == "Airborne") or u.condition_v == "RTB") or u.condition_V == "Landing_PreTouchdown" or u.condition_v == "ManoeuveringToRefuel" or u.condition_v == "Refuelling" or u.condition_v == "OffloadingFuel" or u.condition_v == "DeployingDippingSonar" or u.condition_v == "EmergencyLanding" or u.condition_v == "BVRAttack" or u.condition_v == "BVRCrank" or u.condition_v == "Dogfight" or u.condition_v == "BVRDrag" or u.condition_v == "TransferringCargo"
- then return true;
- end
- return false;
- end

< Message edited by KLAB -- 9/17/2021 9:26:44 PM >

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 2
RE: Rearming with different loadout + few other questions - 9/17/2021 9:43:22 PM   
KnightHawk75

A - You must automate that yourself using LUA, detect that the aircraft in question is landed and available and apply the loadout desired.

B - When you go to assign the new base there is a check at that moment for space as I recall. However idk that it accounts for other aircraft that could arrive first and fill it up in the mean time. You can't easily ask capacity count, because it depends on the aircraft size. May need to do the count\calculation yourself, and for that you need know the size of every aircraft assigned to base there, and the size of every hosting component in the airbase and do the calculations yourself (also knowing that 1 vla space typically will hold say like 4 small etc,etc), and the size of the unit in question you would be looking to land\host there.

C - Much like A no, but you can use LUA to swap the loadout to what you want and reset the time-to-ready timer to a set amount.

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 9/18/2021 1:42:04 AM >

(in reply to KLAB)
Post #: 3
RE: Rearming with different loadout + few other questions - 9/17/2021 10:24:10 PM   
michaelm75au

Couldn't the unit 'airbornetime' be used to see if the unit is flying or not? I thought that got reset back to 0 when plane landed.

Michael

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 4
RE: Rearming with different loadout + few other questions - 9/17/2021 10:36:39 PM   
nukkxx5058

Thanks. But I won't have access to Lua or editor as it's a multiplayer PBEM game and usage of the editor is forbidden for obvious reasons. Have to play with standard functions only.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 5
RE: Rearming with different loadout + few other questions - 9/18/2021 1:39:58 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

Thanks. But I won't have access to Lua or editor as it's a multiplayer PBEM game and usage of the editor is forbidden for obvious reasons. Have to play with standard functions only.

Yes the things discussed would have to be part of the scene involved, either provided behind the scenes or via SA's perhaps. Baring that no, you can't do any of the things you want and follow the pbem (no editor) rules.

Michael, As I recall there are cases where that will not always be the case (or at times in the past was not always the case - I think q-turnaround was involved but don't recall offhand for sure). BTW mostly off-topic but it's also not a integer (it used to be years ago) like the docs state but a string in CMO builds, and that string is a pain in the __ to parse for all the possible options it 'could' hold. This is equally true of readytime. I have no idea why that was ever changed, I assume there was a reason, but any chance of getting an integer in seconds versions of both? Would make for a lot less work when dealing with both in the majority of cases when I've gone to use those, which usually revolves around doing time/math calcs and not trying to display the value where the string version might be of more use.

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 9/18/2021 1:41:13 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Rearming with different loadout + few other questions - 9/18/2021 6:20:18 AM   
michaelm75au

From looking at the code, I think players wanted to see the time as a displayable timestamp (...h:m:s), rather than do the maths. I think it was originally just in seconds as mentioned. The 'readytime' was treated similarly too.
I'll see if we can't have a '_v' parameter for the actual value.

Michael

Post #: 7
RE: Rearming with different loadout + few other questions - 9/18/2021 7:20:22 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm75au
I'll see if we can't have a '_v' parameter for the actual value.

That would be fantastic.

Post #: 8
RE: Rearming with different loadout + few other questions - 9/18/2021 8:04:38 AM   
nukkxx5058

quote:

ORIGINAL: KnightHawk75

quote:

Yes the things discussed would have to be part of the scene involved, either provided behind the scenes or via SA's perhaps. Baring that no, you can't do any of the things you want and follow the pbem (no editor) rules.

Ok, fair enough. I was suspecting it wasn't possible in the standard game, would have seen the options but thanks for the confirmation.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Rearming with different loadout + few other questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI