Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] LGB/EOGB 'outside weapon boresight limits'

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] LGB/EOGB 'outside weapon boresight limits' Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] LGB/EOGB 'outside weapon boresight limits' - 10/17/2021 9:50:05 PM   
AndrewJ

Hello,

I was playing Gunner98's 'BF #4' scenario, which involves a lot of Su-24s dropping a variety of LGB and EOGBs, using beta build B1147.32. However, the weapons were not releasing as expected.

The Weapon Allocation window shows a 'Target is outside weapon boresight limits' message from the moment the target comes within range, and the weapons typically do not drop during a level flight engagement.

It's a big scenario, so here's a test scenario built using one of the tutorials. Two Su-24s, one with LGBs and one with EOGBs are set up to bomb some runways.

Normal performance (1.02.114714)

In this case, running the scenario on a previous release of Command, the aircraft advance in level flight and drop their weapons normally. In the weapon allocation table you can see that a weapon has been fired, and the remaining weapons are green and eligible for firing.

This is the way LGBs etc. have worked in the past, and shows a typical level flight release.

Outside boresight (1.03.1147.32)

In this case, using the current beta 1147.32, the weapons do not drop and the 'outside of boresight' message is present.

You can make the planes release their weapons by manually commanding them to dive shortly before they enter range. Perhaps the sensor/designator axis is considered to point in the same direction as the aircraft, rather than downward, and this is what is preventing level flight drops?

Save attached.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 11/4/2021 11:30:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: LGB/EOGB 'outside weapon boresight limits' - 11/4/2021 11:19:34 AM   
Dimitris

Good catch! Fixed for the next update release.

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 2
RE: LGB/EOGB 'outside weapon boresight limits' - 11/4/2021 1:11:36 PM   
AndrewJ

Great news, thank you.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] LGB/EOGB 'outside weapon boresight limits' Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI