Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can I restrict resupply to a unit?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Can I restrict resupply to a unit? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can I restrict resupply to a unit? - 10/8/2021 4:21:47 PM   
Heahengel

I made a very impractical air unit and I'm currently realizing the full ramifications of it. Using it once seems to have overstressed my entire logistics system so that my war frontline is all in red resupply the next turn running out of food, and it only received 30% of the ammo it used in one combat. I'll probably fly it to my SHQ to deal with it for the moment, but in the future is there a way to restrict it to resupplying 10% of its ammo per turn?

I probably should have realized it was a bad idea when it took more ammunition than my nation could store between turns to make one 30 thopter unit. At least I didn't have to pay for the logistics of transporting all that ammo to the build site when I made it. I didn't expect it to be that bad since it's sitting on a rail station.

That said, I love it.

Edit: grammar fix

< Message edited by Heahengel -- 10/8/2021 5:46:20 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Can I restrict resupply to a unit? - 10/8/2021 4:58:58 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

As far as I know, the only way to control the amount of resupply going to specific units is to put them under a separate SHQ and adjust its stock levels to what you're comfortable spending.

(in reply to Heahengel)
Post #: 2
RE: Can I restrict resupply to a unit? - 10/8/2021 5:47:24 PM   
Heahengel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Soar_Slitherine

As far as I know, the only way to control the amount of resupply going to specific units is to put them under a separate SHQ and adjust its stock levels to what you're comfortable spending.

That's what I was afraid of, but it's good to know. Thanks!

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: Can I restrict resupply to a unit? - 10/8/2021 9:28:01 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

I made a very impractical air unit and I'm currently realizing the full ramifications of it. Using it once seems to have overstressed my entire logistics system so that my war frontline is all in red resupply the next turn running out of food, and it only received 30% of the ammo it used in one combat.

This should not be happening, at least not with food. And if it does, I would propably call it a bug.

Food should be the first thing being delivered. Exactly because a high Demand for Ammo would hinder food deliveries.

Could it be you also had a massive increase in Zone Deliveries? Did you by chance started one or several building protects in the new city?
Or maybe you starting building someplace else, redirecting a lot of Logistics into a different direction?
Especially once the supply "runners" starts to run out of AP, it is very easy to overload the logistics.

(in reply to Heahengel)
Post #: 4
RE: Can I restrict resupply to a unit? - 10/8/2021 11:32:26 PM   
Heahengel

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

quote:

I made a very impractical air unit and I'm currently realizing the full ramifications of it. Using it once seems to have overstressed my entire logistics system so that my war frontline is all in red resupply the next turn running out of food, and it only received 30% of the ammo it used in one combat.

This should not be happening, at least not with food. And if it does, I would propably call it a bug.

Food should be the first thing being delivered. Exactly because a high Demand for Ammo would hinder food deliveries.

I thought I remembered that, too.

quote:

Could it be you also had a massive increase in Zone Deliveries? Did you by chance started one or several building protects in the new city?
Or maybe you starting building someplace else, redirecting a lot of Logistics into a different direction?
Especially once the supply "runners" starts to run out of AP, it is very easy to overload the logistics.

I don't believe so. I just loaded up the save file, and my building report only shows two minor buildings in the works. Nothing in my country is fully staffed, so I never get a full turn's building with anything. Anything that I started recently would be on there. The only other thing I made the turn before was the air unit itself, and my understanding is that the logistics pull for that comes from the leftover points from the previous turn. That is, unless there is an additional cost for pulling all that ammo after all.

Looking around at my units in the red, most only asked for food resupply (it looks like I didn't push much that turn). I see one infantry that received 4/10 requested food and 7/17 requested ammo, so it doesn't look like food was supplied first. There's a tank battalion that received 16/39 fuel, 2/5 food. and 10/25 ammo. That's all the same proportion, so it looks to me like it doled out a certain amount of supply to each unit and then gave them an even proportion of each resource with it.

It wasn't caused by a food shortage. I have good stocks, and I fully supplied everything the turn before and the turn after. The total food needed every turn is far less than the amount I have in storage, so it wasn't caused by me zeroing out supplying things then refilling later in the interturn as often happens to me with energy resupply.

All that said, I'm still figuring basics out so take this with a grain of salt. Last game I noticed right before victory that I'd misunderstood how supply bases should be used and managed to run my two main cities to 80% and 90% administrative strain.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 5
RE: Can I restrict resupply to a unit? - 10/9/2021 10:50:48 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

I don't believe so. I just loaded up the save file, and my building report only shows two minor buildings in the works. Nothing in my country is fully staffed, so I never get a full turn's building with anything. Anything that I started recently would be on there. The only other thing I made the turn before was the air unit itself, and my understanding is that the logistics pull for that comes from the leftover points from the previous turn. That is, unless there is an additional cost for pulling all that ammo after all.

Given that your Economy is already in a crappy situation like that, it is no wonder one unit managed to the logistics.

It is true that Raising formations and Strategic Movement only use leftover points. Some people say that leftover points might be used the next turn to deal with any backlogs, ignoring the normal limits. So using them here can reduce the points you have next turn slightly. But if that ever is teh case, you already have a massive supply problem anyway. It is revealing the sympton, not a cause.

I would just grab some decent defensive positions (like mountains or forrest) and bunker up until building and supply has run it's course. Defense combat usually costs 1/3 the ammo that offensive does. And infantry can entrech even on glaciers and plains.

quote:

Looking around at my units in the red, most only asked for food resupply (it looks like I didn't push much that turn). I see one infantry that received 4/10 requested food and 7/17 requested ammo, so it doesn't look like food was supplied first. There's a tank battalion that received 16/39 fuel, 2/5 food. and 10/25 ammo. That's all the same proportion, so it looks to me like it doled out a certain amount of supply to each unit and then gave them an even proportion of each resource with it.

It wasn't caused by a food shortage. I have good stocks, and I fully supplied everything the turn before and the turn after. The total food needed every turn is far less than the amount I have in storage, so it wasn't caused by me zeroing out supplying things then refilling later in the interturn as often happens to me with energy resupply.

It does seem like Food is not prioritized. Which is pretty bad, as that leads to losses that then have to be replaced costly.

The game already does Reinforcements way after Supply - just so that reinforcements are not send to a frontline to starve.

(in reply to Heahengel)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> War Room >> Can I restrict resupply to a unit? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI