Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Please for god's sake take the time guys

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Please for god's sake take the time guys Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please for god's sake take the time guys - 9/10/2003 8:38:42 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Ok if you can get Sarge to complain that has to say something.

Guys, please go the route and go offline if need be a whole week.

But pleeeeeease, do something.

Ok here I sit, I am looking at the forums, the paes load faster today than they did on monday. That is rated on this machine, which is my sister average dell p4 system with a dsl line.

On monday the load time was noticable different. So clearly situations have changed, because the computer system hasn't been modified here at least.

I noticed faster times on my buddies system that mirrors my own at home by a marginal amount of speed. So some machines might be different. But we both use a DSL line.

Today I hit refresh and I am sent out of the forums to the enter the forums page. This is vexing, because I have a page that won't display new posts in a thread I know has new posts (I use email notification).

Some people can't as yet acccess atypical user functions in their profile yet. I am assuming that is merely a function of forum settings. So is anyone attending to those settings is a valid question.

But my main concern is this. If people are constantly seeing people posting messages about the general functionality of the forums in general. And if people are constantly seeing the forums and often the site as a whole inoperative at times of day when it would normally be considered the middle of a common weekday, then this is going to eventually reflect badly on Matrix as a whole.

Guys, it's a web site, a good web site a very useful web site. But if people stop coming because they figure, well it isn't up half the time, you will have done critical damage to it's ability to continue to grow. This HAS to be a negative condition to be working under.

If it means taking Matrix Games categorically offline for X number of days so that it can be set up fully and totally please do.

But we need to see a Matrix Games we can assume will be there, ontime, on target, from today and onward.

If the forums are beginning to sag from sheer weight, then it's time to accept it might actually be to big in one gulp.

Looking down the forums page, it is clear it has grown a loooooong way from being a place to talk about Steel Panthers eh.
Maybe it is time to take the site to the next stage in evolution. Maybe we should have more than one site?

I don't say any one portion is worth more than any other. But I do know this, the forums do have sections one gamer will go into, while they won't go into other parts.
I for instance frequent Steel Panthers, and General, as that is what I am interested in.
I look into Korsun Pocket, Combat Leader, Airborne Assault and Battlefields currently more to see if their is anything I need to know.
With Korsun Pocket on sale now, it is now only a question of when can I afford it. I would likely only visit the forum to see if the game has a patch I might wish to know about.

But the other forums, they are for games completely removed from my style of wargaming.

Massive Assault
Titans of Steel
Fading Suns Noble Armada
Starships Unlimited Divided Galaxies

Those games are all for lack of a better term science fiction settings.
They might benefit from their own space.

EYSA
Airborne Assault
Close Assault

They are essentially unique in that they are not the turn using sort.

War In Russia
Pacific War

Well they are like Steel Panthers, games that are free basically. That does tend to be important I suppose.

Maybe I am clutching at invisible straws here though.

I just know, that if I am frustrated, (and I think most will say I am about as pro Matrix Games as it gets), then it must be really wearing thin on a lot of middle ground members, and actually causing the loss of new members or those that just plain don't like it.

I think to some extent too, the fact the Wargamer is really just a branch of the same ownership in the end, much of what I have said would apply there.

We members need a site that loads properly, runs properly and actually is there for that matter.

Site maintenace will happen. But a person would expect site maintenance to be something that occurs during a point of the night no one cares about.
Not at random points of the day. And often leaving the site randomly down for random spans of time.

Ok that was a long rant.
I still like Matrix Games, I am not going anywhere. But I really want to see the stability returned.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Post #: 1
- 9/10/2003 9:08:47 PM   
JJKettunen

Hear, hear!

There have also been serious problems with file-attachments... :mad:

Jyri Kettunen

The eternal privilege of those who never act themselves: to interrogate, be dissatisfied, find fault.

- A. Solzhenitsyn

(in reply to Les_the_Sarge_9_1)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Please for god's sake take the time guys Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI