Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions and Concerns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Questions and Concerns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions and Concerns - 2/15/2022 10:46:25 PM   
dhucul2011

1. Is there anything that can be adjusted to stop the Allied AI from sending Greek units into Yugoslavia when their own country is under attack? Seems a little unrealistic.

2. Is there a NM drop if the Axis take Leningrad? Unlike with other NM cities I don't see a popup that this happens when I take Leningrad. I would think that it should be quite significant.

3. I still think Russian NM is artificially too high to start. It should suffer a higher NM drop upon war, maybe 25000, and then creep up after January 1st, 1942, especially if the three big cities are still held.

4. The BEF leaves France too soon. I would suggest that they should stay until the Axis get very close to Paris and they should concentrate around Calais.

5. I may have mentioned this before but there is no such thing as a "Soviet Winter" :) It has always been referred to as "Russian Winter". The winter event is geographic, not political LOL.

6. Is there any way to randomize the Allied subs locations in attacking the southern Norway convoys? I can always find them in the exact same hex just east of Heligoland.

Keep up the great work!

Post #: 1
RE: Questions and Concerns - 2/15/2022 11:36:51 PM   
Mithrilotter

As for Point Number 3, there is an undocumented change in the current 1.24 version of World at War that states:

1939; 1940 and 1941 Campaigns
- An Axis declaration of war on the USSR will now reduce Soviet National Morale by 15,000 points. This will be regained by an increase in the bonus when the USA joins the Allies (increased by 5,000 points) when the Siberians arrive (increased by 2,500 points) and if the USSR has not surrendered by the 1st January 1943 (increased by 2,500 points, as well as increasing the per turn bonus from 100 to 150 points providing Moscow is still in Allied hands)(dhucul2011).

(in reply to dhucul2011)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions and Concerns - 2/16/2022 3:12:44 AM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: dhucul2011

4. The BEF leaves France too soon. I would suggest that they should stay until the Axis get very close to Paris and they should concentrate around Calais.

As the human British player I always hightail it out of France after putting in my token jesture of Anglo-French solidarity. I don't see why the AI shouldn't have the same opportunity.

(in reply to dhucul2011)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions and Concerns - 2/16/2022 9:20:14 AM   
BillRunacre

quote:

2. Is there a NM drop if the Axis take Leningrad? Unlike with other NM cities I don't see a popup that this happens when I take Leningrad. I would think that it should be quite significant.

Yes there is, a 5,000 drop as well as a boost to both Germany and Italy's NM, of 2,500 and 500 respectively.

The only pop up is about the boost to Germany's NM so as to limit the amount of pop ups.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to dhucul2011)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions and Concerns - 2/16/2022 4:49:00 PM   
Duedman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

quote:

As the human British player I always hightail it out of France after putting in my token jesture of Anglo-French solidarity. I don't see why the AI shouldn't have the same opportunity.

I pretty sure that there is a severe morale penalty for the French if less than X British units are on the continent no?

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions and Concerns - 2/16/2022 11:47:50 PM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duedman

I pretty sure that there is a severe morale penalty for the French if less than X British units are on the continent no?

There are bonuses/penalties to French morale based on the presence or absence of British units. But they aren't huge, and given the breathtaking speed with which French morale tends to cave in once the Germans turn the corner, salvaging three or four decent units from the debacle often seems more the paramount concern. I guess you could call it "Perfidious Albion" in action.

(in reply to Duedman)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions and Concerns - 2/17/2022 11:05:18 AM   
nnason

Two things:
1. Some really good players put up a stiff fight with the British delaying the fall of France to such an effect as to cripple Barbarossa. The Germans are beat up, the big MMP boost from France's fall is late, and units don't have enough time to get to the USSR and have their morale recover causing a late attack.

2. More normal play and all the brits make it out or are killed in supply to come back in time to defend Britain or sail to Egypt.

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 7
RE: Questions and Concerns - 2/17/2022 7:11:23 PM   
dhucul2011

Thanks for the reply on Leningrad. The NM penalty for losing one of the three big cities should definately be higher.

I would also suggest adding more NM cities, maybe Kharkov, Baku, Riga and Rostov?

Its frustrating having captured Leningrad, Smolensk, Kiev and Rostov by mid 1942 and USSR morale is over 85%!

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Questions and Concerns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI