Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Interpreting the Combat Result

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Interpreting the Combat Result Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Interpreting the Combat Result - 12/5/2021 2:54:22 AM   
DeletedUser44

A bug report was submitted regarding the number of disrupted elements listed in a combat result as exceeding the number of elements that had participated.

At first glance, the bug looked valid to me.

The response was, not a bug - WAD. An element can suffer multiple disruptions.

----

Fair enough, but on looking at the Combat Result View (submitted with the bug report), this not how the information is presented.

So I followed up with clarifying that when the Combat Result View (CRV) is showing '1798' disrupted elements, that in fact, it could have been '1' element, but disrupted '1798' times.

Response was: Yep, is clearly documented.

----

At this point, I am thinking 'how did I miss that?'. I literally developed software for the F16 (Lockheed Martin), but cannot digest the contents of a game's user's manual?

Well, let's go find where this is clearly documented.

----

The full documentation covering "Interpreting the Combat Result", spans 3 sections of the manual beginning at 4.8.4, then 23.10 and finally 37.1. I lost track on how many pages were involved, but if you notice, I am actually editing my PDF file to add hyperlinks to the referenced sections, just to try to follow it.

1. This is not clearly documented if it spans 3 sections of the manual!
2. In all 3 sections read and covered, there is only one blurb (highlighted) that even touches on the "General Info" tab of the CRV.
3. And that blurb clearly states "and how many elements were disrupted, damaged or destroyed" - which is much different than listing the total number of disruptions suffered for all the elements involved.

(in essence, a ground element can suffer disruptions multiple times in combat. [CURRENTLY] When that happens, you will have disrupted elements counted multiple times - to the point of listing more "disrupted elements" than the actual number of elements that participated in combat. ??? this is not how the information is depicted in the CRV or the manual)

CRV - Combat Results View (my acronym, got tired of typing it out...)

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Interpreting the Combat Result - 12/5/2021 9:32:09 AM   
loki100

if you really are putting out an alternative manual - maybe an idea to chat with those involved in the official one - I fear otherwise you are wasting your time unless you redo every time the Living Manual is generated and released

I'm happy to give you the word versions of each update to the Living Manual

(in reply to DeletedUser44)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Interpreting the Combat Result Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI