Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] Version 37 and Land Unit Repairs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Version 37 and Land Unit Repairs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] Version 37 and Land Unit Repairs - 11/29/2021 8:21:18 PM   
DWReese

Playing a user-created scenario which begins at 3:50Z. Everything is fine until 4:00Z when I get 131 messages informing me that 131 enemy land-based units have each been repaired. (They were never damaged to begin with.) I ignored all of the messages and continued the game. Exactly 1 hour later, at 5:00Z, I get all of the same messages about the land facilities being repaired once again. Again, none had been damaged.

Figuring that it has something to do with Version 37, I went back to Version 34, re-started the game, and the messages no longer pop up. I then went back to Version 37, re-started the game, and the messages were back again. Went back to Version 34 and re-started the game, and the messages weren't present any longer. Therefore, it has something to do with the versions, and not the scenario.

If you need a save, you can use the same one that I recently provided concerning the single sonobuoy drop, or I'll provide another. But, the fact that it is occurring at the top of the hour, each hour, should be enough of a clue to figure it out. BTW, my scenario has no Events, or missions tied to those hours or anything else.

EDIT 1: I recreated the scenario by creating a brand new one. The original was probably 5-7 years old and had been made for testing things as far back as CMANO. Even though the original one was updated to the latest database, it had issues running under Version 37. As I said, Version 34 ran it fine. In starting over, making a brand new scenario based on the same concept and then running using Version 37, everything now seems to work fine with the new scenario.

My observation/conclusion is that the older scenario is not really compatible (at least not completely) with Version 37. While it originally worked with CMANO, and was later transferred over to work with CMO (all the way to up to Version 34), it will not work correctly in Version 37. So, in my opinion, the cause is likely rooted with the age and incompatibility of the older scenario, and not an issue with Version 37. Make no doubt, something changed with Version 37 to make this happen, but it seems to only bother these really old scenarios. I guess that it is something for you to be aware of, and nothing more at this time.

Edit 2: Okay, I received the repair of the runway message again. This time it was with a new scenario and Version 37. It occurred at the first top of the hour from the beginning of the scenario. The new scenario began at 10:51 and right at 11:00 the message came in. There are no Events scheduled. In fact, there are less than 20 units in the whole scenario, and most aren't even in play. The message is the exact same one that appeared when playing with Version 34. This is a completely different scenario, and is using Version 37. So, it occurs with Version 37, but not with Version 34.

The attachment shows the picture of the message only.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dimitris -- 12/4/2021 6:01:30 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Version 37 and Land and Ship RUDDER Repairs - 11/30/2021 1:16:48 AM   
DWReese

Okay, this data may be important. I looked back at the same game, switched sides, and noticed that the Soviet player also received messages. Their messages all pertained to the ships being fully repaired. The damage being repaired was either to the RUDDER or the BRIDGE I seem to recall that someone (Knighthawk, perhaps) complained about something happening with the RUDDER. (Perhaps I'm wrong.) But, it seems like a coincidence that the RUDDER issue was the source of a problem which was recently fixed, and now this issue occurs. Again, there was no damage to any unit. The scenario had just started. It was just like the base being repaired. There as no damage.

So, this would be a good place to look.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by DWReese -- 11/30/2021 1:28:52 AM >

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 2
RE: Version 37 and Land and Ship RUDDER Repairs - 11/30/2021 1:21:28 AM   
thewood1

Do you mean this from the 1147.37 changelog: "FIXED: #10978: Ship at pier not repairing bridge and rudder"

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 3
RE: Version 37 and Land and Ship RUDDER Repairs - 11/30/2021 6:56:03 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Do you mean this from the 1147.37 changelog: "FIXED: #10978: Ship at pier not repairing bridge and rudder"

Yeah I think he meant that one, and not the gui screen refresh\updating one that happen to also relate to rudder and bridge\cic entries, which while possible I suppose is less likely to be the change involved causing the new issue.

Sample scene attached, before and after 2hr. (side blue, not that red isn't also affected)
21 dubious log entries every 15 minutes in the attached scene at start of the hour, 17 recurring at 15min intervals throughout the hour (ships only), 21 repeat at each hour mark (ie includes certain airbase\ports).

Seems to effect any ship with rudder or bridge components, and only certain facilities with command-post components, for example SUA SUP are reported, as are piers, RAP's, underground aircraft storage, but NOT runways who also have command posts.

Build 1147.37 db3k491
att:Test_AirbasesReportRepairedStatus2_5108816.zip

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 11/30/2021 6:58:58 AM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: Version 37 and Land and Ship RUDDER Repairs - 11/30/2021 8:04:36 AM   
Deserere

Hi, thanks for your feedback, the issue is fixed for the next update release

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Version 37 and Land Unit Repairs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI