Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Expired loadout"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> "Expired loadout" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Expired loadout" - 12/23/2021 6:49:44 AM   
Jeff_Ahl

I can not find this in the manual. Why has the loadout expired and how to I make it possible to get the possibility to have the same loadout again?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: "Expired loadout" - 12/23/2021 7:30:20 AM   
Jango32

It's a post-manual/release addition. No more drop tanks for your JGs, essentially.

< Message edited by Jango32 -- 12/23/2021 7:31:08 AM >

(in reply to Jeff_Ahl)
Post #: 2
RE: "Expired loadout" - 12/23/2021 10:19:12 AM   
Denniss

Some loadout are available for a limited amount of time. You may also find some aircraft with a future loadout which is not available yet.

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 3
RE: "Expired loadout" - 12/23/2021 10:36:52 AM   
Jeff_Ahl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

Some loadout are available for a limited amount of time. You may also find some aircraft with a future loadout which is not available yet.

Thanks for the answer.

So is the load out ever possible to achieve any where in a distant future? Or is it over as Jango32 says? And what is the reason why it is only there for a limited amount of time?

I have missed those discussions at this forum.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
RE: "Expired loadout" - 12/23/2021 2:27:30 PM   
GibsonPete

Jeff_Ahl;
Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future. Jango32 is correct you may not change this, not even with the editor. It was a decision made by the designers after release. Why? Don't know, although they stated the Axis did not use them a lot on the Eastern front. Will it change? Patience you must have my young Padawan.

“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”

(in reply to Jeff_Ahl)
Post #: 5
RE: "Expired loadout" - 12/23/2021 7:15:44 PM   
Jeff_Ahl

quote:

ORIGINAL: GibsonPete

Jeff_Ahl;
Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future. Jango32 is correct you may not change this, not even with the editor. It was a decision made by the designers after release. Why? Don't know, although they stated the Axis did not use them a lot on the Eastern front. Will it change? Patience you must have my young Padawan.

I bow for your wisdom master Yoda! ;)

(in reply to GibsonPete)
Post #: 6
RE: "Expired loadout" - 12/23/2021 11:10:28 PM   
Tailspintommy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff_Ahl

I can not find this in the manual. Why has the loadout expired and how to I make it possible to get the possibility to have the same loadout again?

It's not clear from your post whether this is the situation as of turn 1 in the campaign or some later point in time but it's certainly possible that the drop tank option could have been withdrawn at some point after turn one or possibly even from the start if historical evidence shows a particular aircraft didn't use them.
Equally possible that certain types which start out not having drop tanks could be given them later.
Amongst the Axis allies, there is a rag-tag mix of basically obsolete aircraft of very limited value. Some may have been originally designed to carry a wonderful array of weaponry and extras ON PAPER but in practice it was soon found that the designers dreams didn't match reality so much could never actually be carried..
It's possible that the developers had followed an official spec sheet for an aircraft and then later, discovered that drop tanks had never been fitted to that type in service use. I don't know the first thing about computer programming but maybe it's easier to add "Expired Loadouts" than alter the program to somehow remove all reference to them.

Sorry. I've just seen where it says "Last date 6/1941" so they've been cancelled from June 1941.

< Message edited by Tailspintommy -- 12/23/2021 11:13:34 PM >

"Never fire a shot before coffee"

(in reply to Jeff_Ahl)
Post #: 7
RE: "Expired loadout" - 12/24/2021 6:33:12 AM   
Denniss

expires after June 1941

(in reply to Tailspintommy)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> "Expired loadout" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI