Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Model design and Nuclear Engines

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Model design and Nuclear Engines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Model design and Nuclear Engines - 1/24/2022 6:58:21 PM   
Bebop Cola

Can anyone explain what's required to add nuclear engines to a vehicle model?

I have the Fusion Engine tech and can add them to trucks, but Medium tanks and mobile artillery only have triple-electric engines as the most powerful engine.

These are base designs, as I'm still learning about what field testing improves upon. I wouldn't think it would require extensive field testing to be allowed to create a tank model that can field a nuclear engine, whereas it's not needed to put one on a truck.

Any suggestions?
Post #: 1
RE: Model design and Nuclear Engines - 1/24/2022 9:58:05 PM   
Voker57

Field testing does not allow additional model changes, it only improves base design. Unfortunately nuclear engines are restricted.

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 2
RE: Model design and Nuclear Engines - 1/24/2022 11:15:14 PM   
Bebop Cola

quote:

ORIGINAL: Voker57

Field testing does not allow additional model changes, it only improves base design. Unfortunately nuclear engines are restricted.

How are they restricted, and where can I find more information on that?

I'm not sure I understand why they'd be allowed for a truck, but not for a tank.

(in reply to Voker57)
Post #: 3
RE: Model design and Nuclear Engines - 1/25/2022 12:03:11 AM   
Voker57

Nowhere except the actual model design screen. Nuclear engines on trucks are considered to be an oversight by many.

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 4
RE: Model design and Nuclear Engines - 1/25/2022 12:37:22 AM   
Bebop Cola

quote:

ORIGINAL: Voker57

Nowhere except the actual model design screen. Nuclear engines on trucks are considered to be an oversight by many.

Ah. I see.

So should they be allowed for tanks? I don't see them available for medium tanks, at least, despite the GR Pattern units you can occasionally find. I was actually trying to copy one of those when I ran into this.

My mobile artillery design has a "very underpowered" engine since I can only put a triple electric engine on it.

Mostly I just want to confirm if it's intended that I can't use Nuclear engines on models, or which models I can use them on. I don't see anything in the manual that says they're restricted, and didn't find anything when I searched the forum either.

(in reply to Voker57)
Post #: 5
RE: Model design and Nuclear Engines - 1/25/2022 6:50:40 AM   
LeoMPanther

Basically only the heaviest vehicles can mount the nuclear engines. Heavy tanks, Monitor tanks, heavy walkers and the mobile shield. I agree, there should be a mention somewhere where you can use this technology.

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Model design and Nuclear Engines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI