Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

On withdrawing air groups

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> On withdrawing air groups Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
On withdrawing air groups - 1/4/2022 8:01:00 PM   
malthaussen

Do air groups need their full allotment of aircraft to be "withdrawn" for game purposes, or can there be as little as one a/c in the sqdn for it to count? I'm thinking in particular of all the bomber groups in CONUS that have to be withdrawn, but will never be able to fill out with all 13 planes.

-- Mal

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Post #: 1
RE: On withdrawing air groups - 1/4/2022 8:08:48 PM   
Nomad

You do not need to fill them out. You can withdraw an air group that has no aircraft.
Further note that some units can not be withdrawn but must be disbanded with loss of
aircraft and pilots, but you can remove the pilots first so you lose no pilots.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 1/4/2022 8:09:39 PM >

(in reply to malthaussen)
Post #: 2
RE: On withdrawing air groups - 1/4/2022 9:15:25 PM   
malthaussen

Ah, thank you. I didn't want to disband squadrons and then be told they had to have all their planes. I've already been harvesting the training squadrons for pilots.

-- Mal

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 3
RE: On withdrawing air groups - 1/4/2022 11:01:52 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: malthaussen

Ah, thank you. I didn't want to disband squadrons and then be told they had to have all their planes. I've already been harvesting the training squadrons for pilots.

-- Mal

You should not have to "harvest pilots" from US Training sqns. The US produces lots of pilots for most purposes, although some have commented that having well trained USN Fighter pilots in 1944 is difficult unless you use float plane squadrons to help train some. Early in the game the pilots are not well-trained but you can transfer higher skilled pilots to the General Reserve and then move them to an active sqn. using the 'Request Veteran' button. The training squadron can then backfill with lower skilled pilots. Most players lament the lack of aircraft in the early game more than the lack of pilots.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 4
RE: On withdrawing air groups - 1/5/2022 5:27:39 PM   
malthaussen

That's what I meant. I'm building a couple of "super" squadrons with the best US pilots available, some of which are coming out of squadrons dedicated to training pilots. (That's "super" for a given value of "super," although a couple of pilots do get up to the high 70's pretty quick)

Yeah, plane starvation is a thing. Do the build rates ever change, or am I doomed to receive only 35 P-40s a month for as long as they shall be built?

-- Mal

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: On withdrawing air groups - 1/5/2022 5:59:25 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: malthaussen

That's what I meant. I'm building a couple of "super" squadrons with the best US pilots available, some of which are coming out of squadrons dedicated to training pilots. (That's "super" for a given value of "super," although a couple of pilots do get up to the high 70's pretty quick)

Yeah, plane starvation is a thing. Do the build rates ever change, or am I doomed to receive only 35 P-40s a month for as long as they shall be built?

-- Mal

I seriously suggest that you read about the replacement rates plus the upgrades. Then hit "i" and look at your aircraft models, what they upgrade to, and the numbers of those that you receive.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> On withdrawing air groups Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI