Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question OutOfComms Friendly unit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Question OutOfComms Friendly unit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question OutOfComms Friendly unit - 1/6/2022 3:18:33 PM   
Parel803

Good afternoon,
The question started from playing with lua https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5125423
If in the game a friendly unit goes OutOfComms should it still be seen as a contact/unit when it is within range of friendly radar (or eyeball mk1)?
I tried it and it looks for me that the friendly unit is gone despite, in theory, still is on radar or visual. Haven't test ESM yet, unique interception for side or not.
best regards GJ
Post #: 1
RE: Question OutOfComms Friendly unit - 1/6/2022 5:51:52 PM   
thewood1

I think it used to ID a unit as friendly. I'd have to go back and look. In fact, I think it used to come back on to the comms grid. I saing it used to because I haven't looked at that specifically in quite a bit.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to Parel803)
Post #: 2
RE: Question OutOfComms Friendly unit - 1/6/2022 8:55:19 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

If in the game a friendly unit goes OutOfComms should it still be seen as a contact/unit when it is within range of friendly radar (or eyeball mk1)?

Ideally. Not sure the detection routines work that way against "friendly" units|allied sides though, I imagine they're (some sensor evaluations) skipped for one's own side probably among perhaps other things for pref considerations.

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 1/6/2022 11:27:13 PM >

(in reply to Parel803)
Post #: 3
RE: Question OutOfComms Friendly unit - 1/6/2022 9:22:33 PM   
stww2

My experience is that if a unit goes out of comms but remains detected (or is redetected later) it tends to:

1) Trigger a new contact alert (entry in the message log and a pop-up if that is enabled for the relevant contact type)
2) be classified as the out of comms unit
3) be dropped again
4) repeat

This sequence of events takes about 1-2 seconds and repeats continuously until the unit either RTB's, is destroyed, or is no longer detected.

It's been a while since I've seen this happen, so I could be misremembering the exact sequence of events or any other prerequisite conditions that have to be present for this to occur, but it is very annoying when it does happen.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 4
RE: Question OutOfComms Friendly unit - 1/7/2022 11:48:19 AM   
Parel803

Thanks all very much for the answers.
regards GJ

(in reply to stww2)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Question OutOfComms Friendly unit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI