Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? - 1/22/2022 9:26:35 AM   
SchDerGrosse

I am sure that this has come up multiple times.

As you can see on the picture, I am running naval inderdiction and Odessa's hex is supposed to be isolated.

Still, after the battle the defenders scatter all over the place instead of surrendering.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Post #: 1
RE: Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? - 1/22/2022 9:47:21 AM   
Stamb

Probably it was not isolated during ENEMY turn. It has no red border near it, as other isolated units (but this red border might disappear if there were air supply drops, at least I have no red border vs human in isolated Leningrad but units still surrender).

When you setup naval interdiction you have to select fly in both phases, not only to fly during your turn.

< Message edited by Stamb -- 1/22/2022 9:51:47 AM >

(in reply to SchDerGrosse)
Post #: 2
RE: Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? - 1/22/2022 9:55:08 AM   
SchDerGrosse

You are right.

For some reason the hex is only isolated during my own turn, but why?

The AD however is clearly set (and has been for somet turns now) to have it flown both phases.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stamb

Probably it was not isolated during ENEMY turn. It has no red border near it, as other isolated units (but this red border might disappear if there were air supply drops, at least I have no red border vs human in isolated Leningrad but units still surrender).

When you setup naval interdiction you have to select fly in both phases, not only to fly during your turn.

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 3
RE: Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? - 1/22/2022 10:03:34 AM   
Stamb

If has to be tested but you need to isolate 1 or maximum 2 hexes near Odessa. No need to select such a huge area. Probably there was not enough planes to fly in both phases. I would bring at least 1 additional full KG to isolate it.

My setup would be to fly in both phases. D1D2 D4D5 D7. Number of strikes 1. And manually select how many planes do I want. You can try 100 for example, or 150 to be sure.

Also you can move bombers to Tiraspol and airbases that are closer to Odessa so they do not have to travel much.

< Message edited by Stamb -- 1/22/2022 10:07:57 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? - 1/22/2022 11:26:25 AM   
SchDerGrosse

It worked like a charm, thank you Stamb!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stamb

If has to be tested but you need to isolate 1 or maximum 2 hexes near Odessa. No need to select such a huge area. Probably there was not enough planes to fly in both phases. I would bring at least 1 additional full KG to isolate it.

My setup would be to fly in both phases. D1D2 D4D5 D7. Number of strikes 1. And manually select how many planes do I want. You can try 100 for example, or 150 to be sure.

Also you can move bombers to Tiraspol and airbases that are closer to Odessa so they do not have to travel much.

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 5
RE: Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? - 1/25/2022 12:45:42 PM   
SchDerGrosse

I managed to isolate Odessa, although it didnt matter much lol.

Attacked with:
-225 k men
-2,4 k arty
-assigned like 15 pioneers and numerous stugs to individual units

and the result is:

Versuch Nr. 2:

All in all lost like 15,000 men and knocked down the fort level from 3 to 0 (93% of 1).

Is Odessa supposed to be THIS tough?

Post #: 6
RE: Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? - 1/25/2022 2:01:31 PM   
Stamb

15k men is just dead, many more are disrupted

IRL it was tough, same as Sevastopol

in PvP Soviets typically do not defend Odessa.

Did you try and accumulate CPP points by keeping your units 2 hexes (so there is 1 hex between you and Odessa) for a few turns? When you are adjusted to an enemy hex, even without a units there, you get three times less CPP that you could.

This is what loki wrote and I saved this info for myself:

200 SMP:

a) not in assault command, adjacent to enemy 1CPP/24 SMP (so 8 - rounds down)
b) not in assault command, not adjacent, in friendly hex - 3CPP/24SMP (so 25)
c) in an assault command, multiply by 2 (1CPP/12SMP) so 16 (again round down) and 50 respectively

Post #: 7
RE: Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? - 1/25/2022 5:10:54 PM   
SchDerGrosse

I think I have amassed quite a substantial amount of firepower before assaulting the city:

Thats a combined raw combat value of 202, quite a lot I would assume. The participants had 70 CPP on average.

What amazed me that despite the use of nearly all (!) of the pioneer SUs the Germans have, Odessa still has a 0,93 fort level from 3,00 after two attacks.

Anyhow, I hope the fortress gives in next turn..

(in reply to Stamb)
Post #: 8
RE: Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? - 2/1/2022 8:23:33 PM   
Yogol

I never saw it lose more than 1 level of fortification in a single battle.
Did you put 3 pioneers in each unit or so?

Post #: 9
RE: Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? - 2/1/2022 9:42:40 PM   
Gunnulf

At 90k that is substantially more than most defenders commit I would say. And I am impressed one division is from the Leningrad militia, there is a story there in sure... :)
It's good to see a hold, that much commitment in a fortified city environment should be a longer than one week battle I feel so it's encouraging to see. It should be a good place to make a delaying stand rather than an easy steamroll.

< Message edited by Gunnulf -- 2/1/2022 9:46:29 PM >

"Stay low, move fast"

(in reply to Yogol)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Defenders of Odessa rounting despite being isolated? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI