Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? - 1/3/2022 9:29:11 PM   
briklebritt

When fighting battles, I recognized that a lot of my Panther tanks got lost. After checking it in battleround details, the lost Panthers got the status "DEAD", but there is no Kill listed by an enemy unit for that Panther tank.

When looking deeper into battle historie details, I found out, that the Panthers were retreating since round 1 and at the end of the second round, the Panther was set to "Killed = True". It seems to me, that the Panther got lost during retreating, but a reason and an opponent which killed it isn´t listed in details. These infos are missing.

This often happens to my tanks. Is this a normal behavior and is it possible that the tanks mostly get lost during retreating? Or do I misunderstood the details report?
Post #: 1
RE: QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? - 1/4/2022 1:04:37 AM   
SwampYankee68

Mechanical breakdown followed by abandonment?

"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"

(in reply to briklebritt)
Post #: 2
RE: QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? - 1/4/2022 2:21:58 AM   
Jagger2002

What was the readiness of the unit? Low readiness units lose...even armor.

(in reply to SwampYankee68)
Post #: 3
RE: QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? - 1/4/2022 4:58:43 AM   
briklebritt

here are the screens..

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 4
RE: QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? - 1/4/2022 4:59:09 AM   
briklebritt

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
RE: QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? - 1/4/2022 4:59:32 AM   
briklebritt

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? - 1/4/2022 5:02:50 AM   
Jagger2002

Readiness was not the problem. Readiness was high.

Post #: 7
RE: QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? - 1/4/2022 8:23:20 AM   
Vic

Can you send a savefile to vic@vrdesigns.net and mention the hex you are attacking?

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Jagger2002)
Post #: 8
RE: QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? - 1/4/2022 8:24:27 AM   
Vic

It seems like a quick panther retreat due to out of AP... but that should not result in losing the tank. So i'd really like the save game.

best,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 9
RE: QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? - 1/4/2022 8:52:20 AM   
briklebritt

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

It seems like a quick panther retreat due to out of AP... but that should not result in losing the tank. So i'd really like the save game.

best,
Vic

Hi Vic, I searched for the save game, but autosave has overwritten it because I tested a lot due this panther losses. Same happened to two other Panthers too in 3.Round. It happened in Arracourt scenario at the second round by attacking with the panthers. I tried to do the same attacks I did yesterday, but it does not happen anymore. If I will get it again, I will send it to you.
Perhaps you can find the problem without the save game. Thanks for this great game and your support.

< Message edited by briklebritt -- 1/4/2022 8:54:36 AM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 10
RE: QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? - 1/8/2022 5:34:44 PM   
SwampYankee68

FWIW Vic, I have been playing the same scenario by email as US with a friend. I've also played it as the Gerries. The Panthers seem to take high losses in most engagements. And when hit with air they get devastated. It might be realistic, I know they took high losses from air attack, just wanted to share my impressions. And to ask for a Market Garden game. And North Africa.

"The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me!"

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> QUESTION: Losing a lot of Panthers while retreating? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI