Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos. - 12/22/2020 12:26:04 AM   
Edmon

Greetings all,

Introduction
If you need some help with Shadow Empire you have come to the right place. Since the release on steam, there have been a lot of contributions to the community to help you get playing Shadow Empire successfully. Plus, there have always been some solid guides from contributors such as Das Tactic.

In order to help you find the guide that is right for you, this thread has been designed so can find everything you need to know here in one place. Feel free to also suggest additions to this post, in the comments below.

Tutorial Playlists:
You can find a great series with various tips and tricks from Das Tactic here, featuring lots of detail on exact mechanics:
Das Tactics Tip's and Tricks

My own guides are about stripping the detail out as much as possible and just covering what you need to be thinking about to get started and involved. You can find those here:
Edmon's Ruthlessly Simplified Tutorials

Saros has his own tutorials you can find here, his main focus is multiplayer, so he offers his unique perspective on that in his tutorials:
Saro's Shadow Empire Tutorials

Current Let's Plays:
Once again Das has a current Let's Play which you can find here:
Aircraft version Let's Play from Das Tactic

There is another Let's Play you might enjoy from Kalalification:
Kal's Let's Play of Shadow Empire with an Earthlike Planet

That is it for now!

Have something to submit? Drop it below, I will add it here when I get a moment.

< Message edited by Edmon -- 12/22/2020 1:36:32 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos. - 12/22/2020 10:41:05 AM   
elmo3

WadeStar has a series. The first three videos are an intro for new players and then he starts over when he realizes he forgot to turn on aircraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXwlCRtEzwU&list=PLeN2w4mIzUWVyxFaw1Ij1SswwcOSe5XCf

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 2
RE: Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos. - 12/23/2020 1:00:35 PM   
elmo3

DasTactic just started a new Twitch stream that he has ported to Youtube. Very good for beginners as he explains a lot. He goes off topic from time to time, but it wouldn't be Das if he didnt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIcVR71k2hI

Edit - Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oXfofHMD-M

Edit - Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiSqfbPWFTM

< Message edited by elmo3 -- 12/24/2020 1:02:20 PM >

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 3
RE: Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos. - 12/30/2020 9:41:27 PM   
Maerchen

I just plonk down the guides that have been written on steam forum:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1154840/guides/

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 4
RE: Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos. - 5/23/2021 7:26:43 PM   
Maerchen

I made a guide for the User Interface.

Because the manual is not explaining mouseover detail informations, I am willing to do that.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2326245400

Current status ~ 30% done, because I want to include community requests.

Feel free to comment!

< Message edited by Maerchen -- 5/23/2021 11:57:18 PM >

The logistics hell this game is IS the fun part! - Maerchen, 2020

The good thing is, we have all the information in the reports. The bad thing is, we have all the information. Maerchen, 2020

Came for SE. Will stay for SE.

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 5
RE: Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos. - 9/6/2021 2:29:24 PM   
zuekamo

I have a couple of campaigns in Spanish:

Current letsplay:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2tle7ZUx29Z-zSvyrRmkl4MZ7PGD5xsB

first letsplay post steam launch:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2tle7ZUx29bcru6596ICsgEGmX0nVHWL

(in reply to Maerchen)
Post #: 6
RE: Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos. - 1/7/2022 1:53:53 AM   
LCcmdr

Any guides with how not to run out of workers, food, and money?!

I'm loving (hating) the game now, after a half-dozen serious days of playing. About 25 hours thus far.

I thought my problem was upgrading Brigades to Corps; but my last game I didn't and still went bankrupt, lost my food production, and suffered other humiliating setbacks.

Any suggestions?

thanks

(in reply to zuekamo)
Post #: 7
RE: Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos. - 2/19/2022 4:13:50 PM   
nscrutable

I find 'Grognerd's Guide to Human Resources Administration' to be very helpful, I frequently consult it during play.

(in reply to LCcmdr)
Post #: 8
RE: Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos. - 2/19/2022 4:47:23 PM   
nscrutable

It's hard to give generic advice on succeeding in any situation. Your labor, national budget, and available food are all determined by complex systems. Consulting the manual and your own national reports should help you in figuring out what's going on. I can provide some simple ideas though.

Food is probably the easiest: Don't let your population and active military outstrip your food production. Higher level assets produce more efficiently, so favor an upgrade over a new construction.

Don't have enough workers to work the farms? Is worker happiness high? You can play cards about that. Do you have enough population? A good way to increase population is by cultivating the private economy and play cards to increase quality of life so that free folk join your settlement. Or, of course, you could try increasing their salary. Maybe you could just make do with fewer workers instead, though.

If you have superfluous buildings or unnecessary military units, slowdown/mothball and disband those so you have budget. Alternatively, look for some cards that provide cash injections and get them into your deck, raise taxes, or sell rare minerals high. Taxes are based on the value of your private economy, so not nationalizing facilities or playing cards that support your private economy can help your private economy help you. Remember to check if your personnel are stealing from you, too!

Maybe your city-state just isn't well-positioned right now. You could try to soak the losses for a while in order to (diplomatically or militarily) annex a minor faction.

I hope these ideas help you manage your economy more effectively!

(in reply to LCcmdr)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire: Community Tutorials, Guides and Videos. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI