Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Silly novice question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Silly novice question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Silly novice question - 1/22/2022 4:21:52 PM   
Phoenix100

Can't find the answer, sorry. Can anyone help, please? I'm trying to transport a Bn that is given as attached to a Regiment that has an '(R)' after it. Restricted, can't move, I believe. But does that mean that that HQ (the Regiment) is restricted, or also that everything under it is also restricted? The Bn I'm trying to move does not have an '(R)' after its name, just after the name of its parent Regiment. But if the parent HQ is restricted is the Bn beneath it also restricted, even though it isn't marked as such? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Silly novice question - 1/22/2022 4:42:22 PM   
castor troy

There are permanently restricted units and restricted units you can change to an unrestricted HQ. White ones can't be changed, yellow ones can. Just put all subunits under the same command and you can recombine the parent unit.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 2
RE: Silly novice question - 1/22/2022 7:08:31 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phoenix100

Can't find the answer, sorry. Can anyone help, please? I'm trying to transport a Bn that is given as attached to a Regiment that has an '(R)' after it. Restricted, can't move, I believe. But does that mean that that HQ (the Regiment) is restricted, or also that everything under it is also restricted? The Bn I'm trying to move does not have an '(R)' after its name, just after the name of its parent Regiment. But if the parent HQ is restricted is the Bn beneath it also restricted, even though it isn't marked as such? Thanks.

A Regiment is not an HQ. If the Bn is "under" the Regiment, it is part of it. But as CT described, it must be under the same HQ to recombine. Think of it as a sub-detachment assigned to another HQ for a while and needing some political clout to bring back early from that assignment.

There are some situations where an Unrestricted HQ is under a Restricted HQ and therefore able to move troops assigned to it. (Australian Corps HQs are assigned to Australia Command[R]). You can buy out the Australian units to the Australian Corps at 25% the PP cost of assigning them to an HQ outside Australia Command, but that is considered gamey. The developers intention was that you should assign the Australian Corps HQ to SWPAC (historical) before assigning units to it - which would mean paying full PP price for each unit assigned.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 3
RE: Silly novice question - 1/22/2022 7:23:25 PM   
RangerJoe

Actually, I thought that the Australian Army HQ was subordinated to SWPAC after it was activated . . .

If that would be the case, that should not be gamey. Although there are other ways . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Silly novice question - 1/22/2022 7:26:06 PM   
Phoenix100

Mmm. Thanks. Sorry to be stupid about this, but this is me playing the Guadalcanal scenario (again) and trying to move troops from Australia to Port Moresby. The units I want to move (not marked 'R') are attached to higher units marked 'R'. Does that mean I can't load them onto transports? I have no pp to spend. Thanks.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Silly novice question - 1/22/2022 7:29:45 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Mmm. Thanks. Sorry to be stupid about this, but this is me playing the Guadalcanal scenario (again) and trying to move troops from Australia to Port Moresby. The units I want to move (not marked 'R') are attached to higher units marked 'R'. Does that mean I can't load them onto transports? I have no pp to spend. Thanks.

If they are not marked [R], you can move them. The smaller scenarios sometimes take shortcuts with the GC rules to save doing separate programming for the smaller scenario. So consider your unrestricted units bought out beforehand when the Australian government decided to fight for Port Moresby.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 6
RE: Silly novice question - 1/22/2022 7:52:38 PM   
Phoenix100

Thanks!

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Silly novice question - 1/24/2022 6:43:22 PM   
Phoenix100

Mmm. It's not working out as suggested above. Just to be sure. Are we saying the unit circled in the picture should be transportable to Port Moresby, theoretically? Thanks.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 8
RE: Silly novice question - 1/24/2022 7:09:48 PM   
Nomad

No, it is attached to the 41st Infantry(R) which is a restricted HQ. You would have to change it to a unrestricted HQ.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 9
RE: Silly novice question - 1/24/2022 7:10:04 PM   
rockmedic109

quote:

Mmm. It's not working out as suggested above. Just to be sure. Are we saying the unit circled in the picture should be transportable to Port Moresby, theoretically? Thanks.

It's marked with an R under "attached to" column.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 10
RE: Silly novice question - 1/24/2022 8:02:40 PM   
Phoenix100

Understood! Thanks, rockmedic.

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 11
RE: Silly novice question - 1/24/2022 8:05:40 PM   
Phoenix100

Understood! Thanks, rockmedic.

Post #: 12
RE: Silly novice question - 1/24/2022 9:32:54 PM   
rockmedic109

You're welcome.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 13
RE: Silly novice question - 1/24/2022 9:33:44 PM   
rockmedic109

You're welcome.

(in reply to Phoenix100)
Post #: 14
RE: Silly novice question - 1/24/2022 11:20:47 PM   
rockmedic109

Forum burp.

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Silly novice question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI