Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resolved: Latest "Official" DB different from Beta Version??????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Resolved: Latest "Official" DB different from Beta Version?????? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resolved: Latest "Official" DB different from... - 1/29/2022 12:35:44 PM   
BeirutDude

Update: Fixed it using the B1147.40.7 version of the BETA. Lesson learned never design using a BETA version!!!! Usually the Auto Update doesn't tell me there is a "newer" version when I have a BETA loaded but this time it did so I guess I loaded an older version, or something...

And this why I (almost never) design a scenario with the Beta Versions of the game. Should have listened to my own advice, what's a month's worth of scenario development lost...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 1/29/2022 1:18:29 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!
Post #: 1
RE: Latest "Official" DB different from Beta ... - 1/29/2022 12:53:24 PM   
BeirutDude

This scenario was built under the BETA 1147.38, anyone have that ZIP File. I don't have it anymore.

More specifically I need DB3K_492.db3

<CompressVersion>5</CompressVersion>
<BuildNumber>1147.38</BuildNumber>
<Version>Command v1.04 - Build 1147.38</Version>

< Message edited by BeirutDude -- 1/29/2022 12:55:06 PM >

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 2
RE: Latest "Official" DB different from Beta ... - 1/29/2022 12:58:11 PM   
BeirutDude

Actually I DO Have the right DB number (see below), but when I did the "Official" update today they appear to be incompatible! So that is different between the Beta and Official DBs?????

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 3
RE: Latest "Official" DB different from Beta ... - 1/30/2022 12:41:33 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

Actually I DO Have the right DB number (see below), but when I did the "Official" update today they appear to be incompatible! So that is different between the Beta and Official DBs?????

Nothing is different, the database has not changed.
The difference is in the .exe, and which are auth'd and which are not.

So lets say you roll back your 1147_40.exe to 1147.37 or new last-official 1147.34.x (maybe what happen to you) and try to open something linked to db492... .37 exe (and before) doesn't contain authorization for 492, as it's only authed in .38 .exe forward cause it's new. Rarely is there ever a reason you can't author with a beta build, just remember the player must have an .exe that authorizes the database you are using in the beta.

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 1/30/2022 12:44:34 AM >

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 4
RE: Latest "Official" DB different from Beta ... - 1/30/2022 11:32:34 AM   
BeirutDude

quote:

new last-official 1147.34.x (maybe what happen to you)

Yeah, that's what happened. I only very occasionally run a BETA when I'm involved with a design. I checked for an update yesterday and it told me there was a "Newer Version" which was actually an older version. Might I suggest if BETAs are out there that update routine needs to check the current version number vs. the Official version number to avoid this kind of thing. Clearly if I have BETA Version 1147.39.X running and the last Official is 1147.34.X then I have a "newer Version" even if it isn't the "Official" version.

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 5
RE: Latest "Official" DB different from Beta ... - 1/31/2022 5:49:16 AM   
KnightHawk75

Yeah idk on the auto-updater situation (suggestion seems logical but there may be other considerations, like allowing people to 'update' to roll backward to last official), never trusted it, or the launcher, never used it, does seem like it's technically working more often for people then used to be reported on the forums. *shrug* Hell I don't even trust the manual installer, even with that I install to a difference folder structure and run a file diff-check on that folder vs my actual install and just copy over only what's changed\new which is usually only like 5% of what's actually included in the installer since I keep up with nearly all the beta's.

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Resolved: Latest "Official" DB different from Beta Version?????? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI