Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

IJN ML G-406

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> IJN ML G-406 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
IJN ML G-406 - 2/2/2022 3:39:00 PM   
rockmedic109

For several months now, I have received an Operations Report note that Japanese ML G-406 has been hit by bombs at least once a day. I began to think of the possibilities involved in this report.

The obvious is FOW. But I had to dig deeper. In my life, the simplest answer is rarely the underlying reason. So what else could it be?

The IJN created an invulnerable ship?

ML G-406 is the luckiest ship EVER. All the bombs hit just right to bounce off and not explode? Museum ship in the future that will be visited by millions?

The dastardly IJN painted a rock to look like ML G-406 and patrol planes have dutifully bombed the rock every day for several months?

The IJN named ALL their minelayers ML G-406 to spoof USN Intel?

My scout planes have bombed the plucky little ship into smaller pieces of wood and are now hitting the smaller pieces?

Some Joker at Intel inserting the report every day just to see if it is being read? BTW, this is something I'd probably do.
Post #: 1
RE: IJN ML G-406 - 2/2/2022 5:16:26 PM   
Platoonist

Maybe the aerial ordinance being dropped in this case comes from the same facility producing the Mark 14 torpedo?

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 2
RE: IJN ML G-406 - 2/2/2022 7:47:27 PM   
JanSako

Could it be a similar situation as when your unarmed recon planes like the Dinah keep attacking Subs & 'Reported hit'? Did they tossed a beer bottle at it or what?

Also, my PBEM opponent a couple of weeks into the campaign let slip that 'none of his subs were yet hit by a bomb', when I receive at least one or two of these per turn, by actual armed aircraft too, like Anns, Lily's or Ki-51's.

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 3
RE: IJN ML G-406 - 2/3/2022 4:49:51 AM   
Ian R

The G-406 is an MTL T23+ class motor launch. There are literally hundreds of them in the JHI in the later years.

You may have hit some, or not, but the reporting of the name is FOW.

"I am Alfred"

(in reply to JanSako)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> IJN ML G-406 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI