Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can I make a recon patrol?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Can I make a recon patrol? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can I make a recon patrol? - 1/27/2022 5:20:47 PM   
JoeyBlau

Say I have 3 or 4 units around an enemy unit. In the morning after a night turn, no enemy is shown, but know he is there.

Is there a way to probe or recon the blank hex? Normally I would just blunder into it and get excessive losses. I don't really want to move all my units next to it to gain recon points, because the unit is weak and what I have is enough.

Alternatively, I am moving down a road and come to a town. I bet there are troops in there but none are shown. How do I do a recon?
Post #: 1
RE: Can I make a recon patrol? - 2/1/2022 6:53:07 PM   
warnevada

Unfortunately you can't where the hex is empty. You just move a unit into the hex and take your lumps from an ambush. If you're looking at a blank enemy unit you have a couple of choices. You can make a probe attack which will limit your losses but will reveal the enemy unit. Or, and I don't think was intended, you can declare an attack on the hex and the combat odds screen will show you accurate odds using the actual strength of the enemy unit. If the odds are low you can cancel the attack and bring in more units; if the odds are high, just do the attack.

(in reply to JoeyBlau)
Post #: 2
RE: Can I make a recon patrol? - 2/1/2022 9:03:48 PM   
JacquesDeLalaing

If your "officer" (general in fact) has a recon card, use that. Recon cards are usually cheap (2 Command Points or so).

< Message edited by JacquesDeLalaing -- 2/1/2022 9:04:12 PM >

(in reply to JoeyBlau)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive >> Can I make a recon patrol? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI