Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

adding an Advancing Fire Phase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Valor & Victory >> adding an Advancing Fire Phase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
adding an Advancing Fire Phase - 2/4/2022 9:30:15 PM   
Celeborn

Advancing Fire would take place after Defensive Fire. here's how it might read in the manual:

Units that have not fired during the Fire Phase may now fire as follows:

APFP penalty. Infantry fire with half APFP (rounded down) and half APFP of any light Support Weapons (rounded down). Vehicles fire with half APFP (rounded down). Guns that changed facing but did move fire with half APFP (rounded down). Guns that moved may not use APFP.

Assault Fire bonus. Some infantry units were equipped with sub-machine guns that made them particularly effective at short range. Infantry squads with underscored APFP receive an Assault Fire bonus. After halving their APFP they may round up and then add one to their APFP. [EX: a 5-5-6 squad with underscored APFP would half their APFP to 2.5 which rounds up to 3 after which one would be added for a total 4 APFP] (comment: Grenades do reflect some Assault Fire capability but as one-time use weapons do not seem to simulate the significant advantage conveyed by units equipped with sub-machine guns such as the Russian PPSh 41)

ATFP To-Hit Penalty. Turreted vehicles and Infantry units that moved fire with a +2 To-Hit penalty. Non-turreted vehicles fire with a +4 penalty. Guns and non-turreted vehicles that changed facing but did not move may fire with a +2 penalty for each facing change. No other units with ATFP may fire after moving.

Units that did not move and are not otherwise addressed above may fire without penalty as if it were the Fire Phase.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Valor & Victory >> adding an Advancing Fire Phase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI