Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bandar Lampung

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Bandar Lampung Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bandar Lampung - 2/15/2022 11:22:18 PM   
Remington700

I just started new game with v6.0 and the DEI defense may be a bit stronger. I am playing the 1941 small fleet campaign using hotseat.

I started by landing the 4th mixed brigade, moving it towards Palembang to gain control of the landing zones. I then landed the 11th/12th NLF and move inland. Followed by the 21st mixed brigade (from Saigon sadly burning 10 landing ships) at 42,37 to act as a reserve. Finally I landed 2nd NLF and brought in a CL to resupply the group.

Next I added two BBs and a CA for bombardment. Together this gave me a displayed 8:1 odds but the actual combat ended up being 4:1 with the Dutch garrison holding their ground.

I brought in bombers from the 3rd Air division to bring my second attack up to 5:1 stated odds. Which ended up at 3:1 but succeeded forcing a retreat. Before the patch the unit would have probably been overrun. By surviving this will make it more challenging to finish off the Dutch.

I finished by advancing my reserve to occupy Bandar Lampung. This was not an automatic victory but still demonstrates it is very probable that Japan can capture Bandar Lampung on turn one if they commit to the attack. I could have brought in the CVL Ryujo but it would not change the odds as only so many attack factors can be added in naval support.

I think the game continues to work well as an Axis failure to capture the port on turn one puts them in a very poor situation. Thank you Alvaro.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Remington700 -- 2/15/2022 11:25:43 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Bandar Lampung - 2/15/2022 11:28:28 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Welcome

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to Remington700)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Bandar Lampung Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI