Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Third morale value

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Third morale value Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Third morale value - 2/11/2022 5:12:53 PM   
Jango32

After thinking about the current morale and national morale mechanic, I've come to realise that a third morale value would probably help everyone in the game: maximum potential morale.

This would allow divisions that perform well in combat gain higher morale and also keep it, up to the maximum potential morale threshold to prevent unending victory farming. Morale should also no longer automatically degrade over time if higher than the national morale value. Maximum potential morale could also be lowered in events in addition to national morale for balance purposes.

This would help out the Germans, the Soviets and also the Axis minor allies. To give a concrete example, the Romanian infantry division has a national morale value of 45. What happens at the moment in the game is they'll steadily lose the morale they've accumulated from victories if they don't fight for more than a given number of turns. With a maximum potential morale of 55 let's say, Romanian infantry divisions that do well could keep their morale at 55 (the maximum) and if replacements trickle their way into the respective divisions, the morale will lower itself by a certain amount.

This will help out the Soviets too because when their national morale goes down in September 1941, all of their morale 50 divisions that don't see active combat will not suddenly forget how to fight for the next 5 to 10 turns until the Soviets get the event that raises national morale again.

Same deal with German units that are in a quiet sector of the front that do not suffer casualties; they will not forget how to fight well in the upcoming turns if an event that lowers national morale gets triggered.

< Message edited by Jango32 -- 2/11/2022 5:14:39 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Third morale value - 2/14/2022 3:38:10 PM   
Cavalry Corp

OK seems good - I would say that a unit only losses say 5 from the maximum level it has reached (up to a maximum of say 10 over NM) that would sound good. This will also help the lower minions like Rumania. And you are quite right the victory harvesting does not feel right.

(in reply to Jango32)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Feature Suggestions >> Third morale value Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI