Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Some questions about National Morale objectives and NM values

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Some questions about National Morale objectives and NM values Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Some questions about National Morale objectives and NM ... - 2/19/2022 12:08:29 AM   
OxfordGuy3

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but why do many National Morale objectives have a NM value of 0 (e.g. Oslo)? Do they still actually provide any bonus to National Morale, and if so, how does that work? Is it a bonus per turn, or a one-off?

For locations that *do* have a NM value (which includes many that are not National Morale objectives e.g. El Agheila), does that represent the amount of NM gained for that objective per turn by the controlling player or something else? All I could find in the manual is this (under 5.11 National Morale):

"Taking key locations marked as National Morale objectives will either boost the occupier’s National Morale or penalize their opponent’s, sometimes both. Plan your strategies accordingly as taking these locations will assist your efforts to win the war"

Is there a list somewhere of these bonuses and penalties for different National Morale Objectives? Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Some questions about National Morale objectives and... - 2/19/2022 4:00:00 AM   
archmache

NM hexes will provide a one time drop or gain to NM (depending on the trigger) to whoever conquers it. For example, taking Oslo as Allies hits NM of GE, taking Narvak boosts NM of Allies. Kinda have to play the game a couple times to have them memorized but its generally obvious what does what - i.e. taking Russian NM cities knocks Russian NM and sometimes boosts NM of GE (does not have to be both - can be one or the other - sometimes they even trigger a couple turns after. I think Leningrad NM comes a turn late).

Also if you just select a city on the Map and look at the bottom of the screen the city will have a NM number associated with it. This is the PER turn NM gain. So like 24+ NM for holding Paris.

Additionally countries receive other NM bonuses - for example controlling "Ukraine" gives x amount of NM per turn etc (have to look up in the manual).

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 2
RE: Some questions about National Morale objectives and... - 2/19/2022 8:15:17 AM   
OxfordGuy3

Thanks! Are the bonuses/penalties for National Morale objectives in one of the scripts, if so, do you know which one? Are these one-time bonuses/penalties permanent (until the location changes hands)?

Thanks for confirming about the per turn NM boosts for locations (which sounds like is a completely separate thing).

On the last point - the manual says that there are certain locations that if allied-controlled give a morale loss to Germany, as are food-sources, and lists a city in the Ukraine as one of them.

< Message edited by OxfordGuy3 -- 2/19/2022 8:16:28 AM >

(in reply to archmache)
Post #: 3
RE: Some questions about National Morale objectives and... - 2/19/2022 9:36:44 AM   
El_Condoro

national_morale.txt in the Scripts folder of the campaign has all these.

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 4
RE: Some questions about National Morale objectives and... - 2/19/2022 10:22:58 AM   
OxfordGuy3

Thanks

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 5
RE: Some questions about National Morale objectives and... - 2/19/2022 10:05:20 PM   
Bavre

quote:

ORIGINAL: OxfordGuy3

Thanks! Are the bonuses/penalties for National Morale objectives in one of the scripts, if so, do you know which one? Are these one-time bonuses/penalties permanent (until the location changes hands)?

Every one time NM effect is permanent, but more than one can be tied to the same location, allowing for a second effect upon liberation that undoes the conquest effect for example.

quote:

ORIGINAL: OxfordGuy3
On the last point - the manual says that there are certain locations that if allied-controlled give a morale loss to Germany, as are food-sources, and lists a city in the Ukraine as one of them.

Maybe the strategy guide holds more on that? I seem to faintly remember something like that...

(in reply to OxfordGuy3)
Post #: 6
RE: Some questions about National Morale objectives and... - 2/20/2022 9:44:26 AM   
OxfordGuy3

1.20. The Importance of Food Supplies to Germany

"When any of the following locations are involved
in the war and are in Allied hands, German National
Morale will suffer the following penalties:

§ Dnepropetrovsk – Ukrainian Grain supplies: 150
points per turn*
§ Copenhagen – Danish Bacon and Butter: 30
§ Belgrade – Yugoslav Grain supplies: 30 points
per turn
§ Budapest – Hungarian Grain supplies: 30 points
per turn
§ Bucharest – Romanian Grain supplies: 30 points
per turn
§ Paris – French Grain supplies: 30 points per turn

*Failure to honor the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact will
also halt grain supplies from the Ukraine. This is
the only location whose food supplies can fail to
reach Germany while its owning country is neutral."

(in reply to Bavre)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Some questions about National Morale objectives and NM values Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI