Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War Score & weariness

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> War Score & weariness Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War Score & weariness - 2/21/2022 7:41:26 AM   
Mallikanth

I've been watching DasTactic's play through, and in his second war he appears to have quite a high war score of +245 in his favour. This is entirely down to Enemy ships and bases being lost and I'm surprised that the AI doesn't offer any systems in a peace offering - Just a white peace. Is that because there's been no planetary surface combat yet, do you think?

In addition, I find it odd that he can't demand systems / money either. But to clarify, I assume he can't as he hasn't tried to create peace for a while now and just flatly refuses the enemies offers of peace.
I understand that his aim is to wipe out their space fleet and logistics, but my question is based on the games mechanics - At what stage to planets / systems get offered or can be demanded without planetary warfare? Or is that necessary? i.e Do these mechanics exist in the game? His series makes me think war Weariness only applies to ground occupation, as there is none yet and he's not invaded any planets.

Thanks folks and sorry for the rambling questions.
Post #: 1
RE: War Score & weariness - 2/21/2022 9:44:49 PM   
zgrssd

Demand money, Stations and similar deals for Peace?
Should be possible. As long as there is a value for it.

Trading Planets?
I never expect it to happen.

As a general rule, AI can not trade Planets* efficiently.
The problem is that that each planet has both current value and future value. And judging that against any shorterm gain (peace, money, tech) is impossible for a AI.

As a general rule, Home worlds are incredibly hard to attack. Has been that way in DW1, everything indicates it is the same in DW2.
You can have all the advantage in space you want. Unless you are willing to shell the surface (massive Reputation penalties) or got several thousands worth of ground combat strenght, you will not get anywhere.

*Or cities. Or provinces. Or whatever else the biggest thing in the economy is.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 2/21/2022 9:45:21 PM >

(in reply to Mallikanth)
Post #: 2
RE: War Score & weariness - 2/22/2022 12:26:12 PM   
Mallikanth

Makes sense. Thanks.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> War Score & weariness Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI