Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Making the last Beta Official

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Making the last Beta Official Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 9:38:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We're considering doing one last update for WITP:AE and a re-master, rather than leaving it with a public beta update and a host of mods. We don't have the time or development resources to do a lot here, so I'm looking for your feedback just on the following:

1. In the last public beta update, what if any bugs exist that you find game-breaking or cause you to avoid that beta update?

2. What mods outside the code are so widely used within the community that they could be considered "standard" and yet also would not make the learning curve for a new player much harder?

3. Separately, what mods are considered "standard" but advanced enough that we can't put them in the re-master but should add them to the Members Club to make them easier to find?

4. Given modern operating systems and 4k screens, what is the standard setup as far as game settings, command line switches and such that you all have found to work best on Windows 10/11 and high resolution displays which we could include in our default launcher?

Thank you for your time and feedback on this. I'll be checking back over the next week or two and we'll be deciding by the end of the year what to do.

Regards,

- Erik

EDIT: For the latest news, see this post:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=5112998

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 12/8/2021 2:32:25 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 9:57:49 PM   
Zovs

I’d add the Sea Bee tool.

It really makes creating short cuts to work with your O/S a breeze. In this thread I listed my two native windows screen resolutions with the Sea Bee screen size that worked fir my system.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5109377&mpage=1�

As far as mods go I am a newbie but I use GME to swap map and art mods in and out, but I had to spend 2-3 hours making them compatible with GME.

For code changes it would be nice to add custom font and font sizes (kinda like WITE2) customizable by the user.

Also if some of the in game icons on the top menu could be a little larger.

Lastly updating the manual would be great and having all the zillion posts scattered all over codified into a PDF would be fantastic for newbies. And if possible 1 page guides like WITW/WITE2 would be awesome.

Newbies perspective.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 10:03:44 PM   
Zovs

Oh and maybe updating the two Java apps : WitP Tracker and combat tracker there both great tools as add ons to help with data processing.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 3
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 10:40:16 PM   
pmelheck1

1. I've not had any issues with the last beta.

2. I've only tried DaBabes but only play allied solo and am not sure if it breaks the AI... I only play solo and only the allies. would love to see something more geared to the allies rather than japan

3. as stated above, trackers and see bee but a updated settings screen in or out of the game would make sea bee redundant

4. I use -f -px1280 -py0800 -deepColor -altFont. I would use 1920 by 1080 if I could get the text on screen to scale to something these old eyes could see and not stretch in game images but understand that's most likely a no go...

as for some sort of remaster that wouldn't take a rewrite. the manual data put into the game or an editable text box that would allow us to place data we would find useful in it. I would pay a bit for some QOL improvements or an expanded allied side to aid continued support for the game we all love. but the more you add the more bugs you add and the more support will be needed to squash them.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 4
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 10:41:23 PM   
pontiouspilot

I don't know what is "inside or outside the code" but I can say that in 10 PBEMs over 10 years I now play exclusively the DBB scenarios, with the extended map, albeit with standard artwork. I have the extra plane and ship art but damned if I can remember which author it came from.

Cheers and thanks for the interest.

Post #: 5
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 10:44:35 PM   
Kull

There's a nice compilation in GetAssista's "Core Bugs" thread.

While I applaud the effort, it's worth noting that the timing couldn't be worse. Alfred is the one person who had a near-comprehensive understanding of this issue....and now he's gone. Absent his input, the "final update" will inevitably be incomplete.

(in reply to pontiouspilot)
Post #: 6
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 11:01:36 PM   
Kull

There's a disconnect between the actual unloading rates of Amphibious TFs docked at "friendly ports of Size 4 or less" and the rate described in section 6.3.3.3.2.2 of the manual. I ran an extensive test which proves this.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 7
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 11:07:14 PM   
mind_messing

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

While I applaud the effort, it's worth noting that the timing couldn't be worse. Alfred is the one person who had a near-comprehensive understanding of this issue....and now he's gone. Absent his input, the "final update" will inevitably be incomplete.

I'm glad someone else said this before me, and it can't be stressed enough. The rest of us collectively can scrape a superficial understanding of what needs addressed. Alfred's knowledge in this runs deep.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We're considering doing one last update for WITP:AE and a re-master, rather than leaving it with a public beta update and a host of mods. We don't have the time or development resources to do a lot here, so I'm looking for your feedback just on the following:

Are you able to give an indication exactly of what the resources involved here are? More specifically, who from the original AE team will be involved?

What is the scope for map, scenario, database, code changes?

I ask as I am quite concerned that there's mention of a re-master, followed immediately by a statement that time and development resources are limited. To me, that's something of an oxymoron.

I think it's very important to manage expectations in this area, and to my first reading a re-master implies a much more substantial project than your follow-on questions would suggest is in the works.

< Message edited by mind_messing -- 12/4/2021 11:24:49 PM >

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 8
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 11:07:18 PM   
Kull

While we're at it, this would be a great time for Matrix to confirm whether there really is any improvement in the 11.26b Beta vs. the "official" 11.26a releases. I've tested both the "official reason" (see above) and the "forum consensus fix", and couldn't find any difference between the two.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 9
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 11:18:59 PM   
Nomad

It would also be a good time to fix the Naval Support not affecting SPS(0) ports.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 10
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 11:19:56 PM   
mind_messing

quote:

1. In the last public beta update, what if any bugs exist that you find game-breaking or cause you to avoid that beta update?

I would strongly encourage any forum-generated list of "bugs" to be accompanied with a serious health warning.

There's a strong vein within the forum that treats certain elements of the game design that do not conform to a particular notion of how the game "should work" (or what results should be generated) as being "bugged" or "broken" when those elements are in fact WAD.

quote:

2. What mods outside the code are so widely used within the community that they could be considered "standard" and yet also would not make the learning curve for a new player much harder?

3. Separately, what mods are considered "standard" but advanced enough that we can't put them in the re-master but should add them to the Members Club to make them easier to find?

If your interest is in improving the learning curve, then third party utilities and mods is extremely counter-productive.

A far more sensible investment would be on a revised manual.

Post #: 11
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/4/2021 11:48:58 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

It would also be a good time to fix the Naval Support not affecting SPS(0) ports.

+1

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 12
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 12:11:15 AM   
RangerJoe

As far as Alfred goes, my understanding is that he was working on a new manual.

AE PDF Manual Revision

quote:

I have raised with, and received a favourable response from, the devs regarding the possibility of me revising the AE PDF manual, at least up to the last official patch (#6) level. There are some potential technical issues which may result in this project not proceeding to completion. Assuming that everything does however work out to plan, it is anticipated that 4 months work will be required.

This is a private initiative and undertaken for no remuneration. Regulars will already be aware of the quality of my posts but for any not so comforted, their concerns should be ameliorated by being informed that there will be a certain level of undisclosed dev participation in the project. This however is not an invitation for forumites to correspond with the devs regarding this project.

Only the PDF Manual will be revised. There will be no hard copy printing of any revised manual. Also as only 4 months are allocated to the project, the current PDF Manual structure will be largely retained.

The first stage of this project comprises an invitation to forumites to post in this thread examples of where they believe the current manual is:

(a) incorrect,
(b) unclear/inadequate in it's explanation,
(c) silent on a situation often encountered in the game

Only specific identified examples and the reasons why they fall within the above parameters need be presented. Generic statements that something is inadequate will not be considered. Bear in mind that the focus is up to the last official patch so the nomination of a long list of beta changes not covered by the current manual is not guaranteed to be taken into account at all in this project. The nomination of a wish list for AE II is guaranteed to be completely ignored.

This thread provides an opportunity for well reasoned PDF Manual deficiencies to be presented for consideration. It is not an indispensable element for this project to proceed. There is however a strict time period for the lodgement of submissions which need to be posted here by 20 September 2014.

No correspondence regarding the above conditions will be entered into. Disgruntled forumites can always undertake their own revision of the manual.

Alfred

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3689581&mpage=1&key=

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 13
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 1:20:51 AM   
12doze12

I don't have enough of a deep understanding of the game functioning to point out bugs but I'm thoroughly enjoying playing it and am glad to see it's getting some extra love

Mod-wise the Tracker is absolutely essential but can also be complicated for some users to install.
Andy Mac's updated stock scenarios are also a must, making AI games much more interesting and for a longer period of time.
Most major scenario mods are oriented for PBEM though some have adapted Andy Mac's scenarios for AI games.

As for command line parameters I use: -cpu4 -wd -pxf1910 -pyf1010 -deepColor -dd_sw -multiaudio -altFont -archive
Also, I found the game to get more stable by making it Large Address Aware.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 14
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 2:35:27 AM   
RangerJoe

This may be more of a technical thing, but how about for the regular scenarios that have multiple AI files, something about how to move and save the files, swapping them back and forth, so when a player starts a game they can choose which one that the AI will use? There are quite a few of them and then each run through can be different.

― Julia Child

(in reply to 12doze12)
Post #: 15
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 2:37:39 AM   
dr.hal

Erik this is a great idea and an nice holiday gift from Matrix! I applaud the move.

One thing I would incorporate is the map modifications that are used by the Da Babes scenarios as they better reflect some of the more interesting aspects of certain key land elements. There are also some other variations of the map that might be looked at (island additions or moving them, etc.). I guess, in short, the map could use some upgrades. Also, just a pet gripe of mine, HMS Hermes needs to have an upgrade available as not every Allied player loses her right away!!!!

As for the manual, as noted Alfred was working on it and I have been reviewing some of his work as an editor. One thing is very clear to me, this is a HUGE undertaking for a single person, let alone a team. I don't think there's much chance of it happening especially now that Alfred has been asked to leave (albeit temporarily I hope). He certainly has an encyclopedic knowledge of the game (how he does it I've no idea, although it MUST involve a HUGE rolodex!). Without his contribution, the task is not within reach. I certainly don't have enough years left on this planet to undertake such a task.

(in reply to 12doze12)
Post #: 16
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 3:41:49 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

Hi everyone,

4. Given modern operating systems and 4k screens, what is the standard setup as far as game settings, command line switches and such that you all have found to work best on Windows 10/11 and high resolution displays which we could include in our default launcher?

Thank you for your time and feedback on this. I'll be checking back over the next week or two and we'll be deciding by the end of the year what to do.

Regards,

- Erik

Wow!! What a surprise holiday treat from Erik and Matrix games bringing some love and attention back to the best game they ever made! Look what comes from a much needed forum cleansing and a horde of new players jumping in to freshen things up and lots of old players wanting to come back in to a more positive community! Cheers to Erik and Matrix!

1. Great thread on bugs!: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4923122

No naval support at SPS 0 port:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4820039&mpage=1&key=�

The AKE replenishment issues:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5029064&mpage=1&key=

2. WITPAE Tracker: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2236936

Combat Reporter: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2456864

Andy Mac's updated Scenarios and AI: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4692890 (STILL BEING UPDATED)

Best map data: Andrew Brown maps: https://sites.google.com/view/witp-ae-maps-and-scenarios/home (STILL BEING UPDATED)

Best looking map: Bellum Pacifica https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4151200

DaBabes Scenarios: https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/
(Not updated since 2015 and not sure if this was designed with latest Beta?)

Halsey's art site - land units, air units, mission art, etc.

Big B's Shipyard - ship art

Allied Ship Insignia / Patch Additions - based on Halsey's work

Jace's site - interface art, mission art

Readability Mod of Jace's "Map Borders" User Interface Art - based on Jace's work

Kull's Art:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4789538

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4834622

4. -fd -skipVideo -deepColor -multiaudio -archive -altFont -cpu1 -px2048 -py1152

Agree that Alfred's input is valuable and don't understand why he can't just agree to follow forum rules...

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 12/8/2021 3:55:29 AM >

Post #: 17
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 4:08:17 AM   
witpqs

quote:

Hi everyone,

Don't have a list of bugs. One I would nominate for attention: Bases which have a (0) for a port, do not use Naval Support or Shore Party to speed unloading and loading. To clarify, I mean even when the port is built up such as size 1(0), 2(0), or 3(0).

A potential Second one is where not all of the graphics layers redraw correctly when the map is scrolled. Sometimes you have to jink the map around until luck favors you and all the layers redraw.

"game-breaking"??? No.

I'm sure other people know of more serious bugs I am not thinking of right now. I do know of some that are lesser in importance than the two I listed.

Da Babes Scenario 28-B.

Here is the command line I am using.

"C:\Matrix Games\WITP AE - PBM #1\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -cpu4 -deepColor -dd_sw -archive -wd -pxf2656 -pyf1654 -SingleCpuOrders

I would just add, please keep the configuration/installer so that it is easy to have multiple installs. Having multiple installs on the same machine is the easiest way to handle multiple games running.

Regards,

- Erik

Thank you, Erik.

Post #: 18
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 4:32:45 AM   
rader

I have always used the beta since it came out and have not found any problems with it. I think it is de-facto "standard".

I would be wary about changing too many core rules/database information from the base game, although people can always mod that. I know a lot of people play Da Babes, but I've always played vanilla. An extended map that works with the base scenarios would be nice (like the Andrew Brown extended map, but I think scenarios would need to be modified to fit), and it could never hurt to have additional scenarios and campaigns available.

These are the switches I use: "C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -dd_sw -altFont -skipVideo -f -SingleCpuOrders -cpu8 -multiaudio -pxf1910-pyf1005 -deepColor

(But I think the resolution is based on your actual monitor situation.)

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 19
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 6:34:09 AM   
Evoken

Thank you for continued support to Witp AE Mr Rutins. As a modder i would have a few editor feature requests , idk if its possible at all but;

1)Ability to change a nations alliance or a few blank nations on both sides where they can be renamed by the editor. (Also please more Table of equipment and unit slots for Japanese in locations tab of editor , its hard locked and there arent enough slots for my project)

2)An integrated debugger that tells user errors.

3)A mass change tool , for example; Ability to change all British leaders to Commonwealth nation in leaders tab. Would be really usefull in all the editor tabs

4)Ability to give Axis off map bases, would be really usefull if someone wanted to add German raiders and submarines to Witp

And one game related requests;

Ability for Soviet Union to move ground units in their territory while they are at peace with Japan. There has been a few PBEM's where Japanese side did really well during the war and decided to attack SU. However SU starting positions for units are less than ideal , giving a massive disadvantage to Allied player in case of war

(in reply to rader)
Post #: 20
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 6:37:33 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

Hi everyone,

Good idea but I suspect you've opened a can of worms. Personnally I've not got a problem with the latest Beta and could not now tell you the differences with the official. I've learned to live with/work round bugs in the Beta.

quote:

The only outside code I use is Tracker. Don't see the point in the others except maybe SeaBee and even that is not needed if you know how to edit the start up. In truth it should be part of the ini file anyway but it's too late for that to happen.

quote:

There are so many. I maninly play agaisnt the AI so more of the better ones sould be included with a decent description on the whys and wherefores would be good.

quote:

Hae read some of the posts here re 4K machines etc. I don't have one so I'll post my swithes here. -pxf1900 -pyf1000 -cpu4 -SingleCpuOrders -dd_sw -altFont -multiaudio -deepColor -skipVideo -archive -w. Windows and slightly smaller than the 1920 x 1080. Odd sizes but they work, at least they do now after some Windows update. Anything small and I can't read it on my 24" screen

The one thing you have not mentioned is the Manual??? It's poor and would help newby 1000% if updated.

Post #: 21
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 7:57:15 AM   
paradigmblue

1. In addition to the other bugs mentioned in GetAssita's thread, there is the pilot shortage bug. Once too many pilots are lost on both sides, the game stops generating pilots, and no more become available even though replacements should still be entering the pool each month. From what I understand there is a hard cap on the number of pilots the game tracks, and once that number is exceeded, the game can't generate more. This number is not adjustable in the editor, so it would have to be fixed by a patch. While this happens most often in modded games that add more aircraft, it also rears its head in stock games in 1945 and 1946 if there has been a lot of pilot attrition.

2. The extended map is commonly used, often with a map mod. Ideally, the game would have both the original style and an updated one - I'm partial to chemkid's maps myself.

The excellent Da Babes mod (which introduced the extended map, I believe) serves as the basis of many other mods out there, and to many Da Babes is the definitive version of the game.

3. I'd love to see some of the more polished mods available in the Member's Club as easy installs. Bottlenecks in the Pacific, John the 3rd's Reluctant Admiral / Between the Storms lines of mods, and AndyMac's various enhanced difficulty scenarios come to mind.

4. The folks that work on Sea Bee are going to have the best understanding of these switches. In my experience though, setting the actual resolution using -px and -py and the -deepcolor switch are a must for using a modern setup.

Post #: 22
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 8:05:34 AM   
OnWargaming

Good news indeed!

After so many years the game is still getting attention by its publisher, thank you Erik!

I would like to say that if limited resources/time is available, a comprensive manual would be the best/useful task to do

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 23
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 8:37:20 AM   
paradigmblue

Also, while it never got much attention in these forums, Baloogan's Operation Glacier visualizer from 2015 was a huge step in modernizing the way information in WitP was presented and would be a fantastic addition to a remaster.

https://github.com/Baloogan/OperationGlacier

Sadly, it was dropped by the mod developer (who is best known for their work on CMO/CMANO), so most never saw it in action.

While I can't find any screenshots of the working mod, the way it operated was to create an overlay of events over the game map. Ship and plane sightings, air missions, intel - any event from the ops report or combat report was visible on the map. No more searching for the correct hex coordinates, you could see the sighting on the map, and then clicking on the icon for it would show you the actual report, whether that be a combat report, intel, or sighting. Each type of report was filterable, so you can change which reports you wanted to be displayed on the map.

In any case, if there is going to be a re-master, this vizualization tool would be a game changer in updating the game for a modern audience.

(in reply to OnWargaming)
Post #: 24
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 8:44:38 AM   
Yaab

Keep it simple

1.Updated manual
2.Updated scenarios by AndyMac

Mods and maps are individual preferences.

(in reply to paradigmblue)
Post #: 25
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 10:36:34 AM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

This may be more of a technical thing, but how about for the regular scenarios that have multiple AI files, something about how to move and save the files, swapping them back and forth, so when a player starts a game they can choose which one that the AI will use? There are quite a few of them and then each run through can be different.

The game picks the scripts at random at game start....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 26
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 10:52:22 AM   
HansBolter

DaBabes LCU countermix is far an away superior to stock.

As far as accommodating 4k monitors goes please don't implement the WITE2 model.

I have to set resolution to 1650x1080 to make icons and text legible on my 32" 4k monitor.

Please don't remaster the game engine.

Hans

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 27
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 11:27:32 AM   
littleike

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Keep it simple

1.Updated manual
2.Updated scenarios by AndyMac

Mods and maps are individual preferences.

Agree to keep things simple.
Proceed in two steps:

1) Reorganize the forum putting stickied best info about tools and monographic threads.

Include beta in the official.

Reorganize manual:
Update the description of screens switches and table modified.
Rearrange it trying to collect everything related to naval, air and Bases arguments in the same place splitting logistic parts related, so one could find every useful information in the same place. I have always found very tyring search informations not collected by naval, air and bases arrangement.
Leave logistic section for production and general informations.

2) Then take a breath and think on how to give this game a new amplitude without rewriting code.

Create a WitpAe extended or deluxe or anniversary or legendary (mass effect docet) edition!! This forum is near to one million posts so time could be right for something great to celebrate!!

With the help of the expert forumites filter and choice the best Maps, images from enthusiasts, AI scripts, Campaigns, mods and tools if not developed with platforms that give troubles to be supported. Make everything packaged in an easy way to install and configure so the new and the expert player can find what they want and then sell to a decent amount.

This could give you the time necessary to develop a well made product and have the right return for the time spent, (because at my 74 years of age i have not yet seen a car to clock up kilometers without fuel or any other form of energy).

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 28
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 12:24:10 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

Hi everyone,

Regards,

- Erik

1. I can't think of any game-breaking bugs, and I think the only remaining bugs are rather minor. I ran across one a few years ago, I think, but if so it had to do with port size 0 and naval support and just isn't applicable in hardly any cases... I think that was all, since at some point Michael fixed the multi-/chain-reaction of CV TFs.

2. A few things here:

i. Additional scenario options, namely the Andy Mac database updates to the stock scenarios

ii. Maps with additional bases on them (I think the Andy Mac scenarios added some; a lot in CBI and some in the larger island areas)

3. Stacking limits map options

4. Here's mine.

-wd -pxf1600 -pyf900 -dd_sw -archive -skipVideo -deepColor -cpu2 -altFont

1600x900 on a 4K display is fine. I also did 1600x900 on a 1080p display.

There are some that seem to be required with modern hardware for performance (or even just getting the game to run) reasons:

-dd_sw
-cpu2 (or -cpu#)
-altFont

-deepColor may be optional depending on graphics card. But as far as I can tell, the above 3 are basically required if you are running a Windows 8+ machine with modern CPUs and GPUs.

Post #: 29
RE: Making the last Beta Official - 12/5/2021 12:26:04 PM   
Lokasenna

Oh yeah, one thing in the game that is relative garbage:

Press 'D' for database. It's functionally useless in-game. It might be able to be improved with some minor work adding additional navigation buttons and information on screen that even explains what you're looking at.

Tracker is far superior for looking at database items.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Making the last Beta Official Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI