Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why is not my units available next battle???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Why is not my units available next battle??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why is not my units available next battle??? - 1/10/2002 5:55:00 AM   
fluid

Im playing wwii campaign, and for every battle I get some points to buy equipment. But after my decicive victories, most of my ecuipment is 'gone'.. I figure that some is core and stays with me, but when did I decide on that? It is annoying, since I figured I'd build up an large cool army.. Scould it be like this? (btw they were perfectly healthy after the battle. Also; is it possible to upgrade my equipment (the ones that stays with me)? Fluid What is Mega Campain? How do I register to enable these? And finally; I don't understand the numbers furthest to the right at the artillery-menu. What does 1.4 mean vs 0.4 or 1.0? Thanks for any help! And thanks Matrix for a great game!

Post #: 1
- 1/10/2002 6:40:00 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Fluid posted: What is Mega Campain? How do I register to enable these?
A Mega-Campaign is a specially designed, multi-faceted campaign using SP:WaW to allow the player to experience a multimedia campaign using predesigned scenarios. Which scenarios you get will depend on your skills as a military leader and your ability to complete tasks and assignments given before each new battle. To purchase one, two, or all three of the available MCs, just click on the 'store' link atop the buletin board page, then click 'World War II' or 'Show all games' and you will see info for buying or reading more about the three currently available MCS. They are; MCNA - North Africa 41 (You command a kampfgruppe attatched to Erwin Rommel's famous Afrika Corps.), MCLV, Eastern Front 41 (You command a German mixed unit during the opperation Barbarossa.), and MC Watchtower, (You command a reinforced Marine Corps unit during the battle for Guadalcanal(sp?). Each is more than a bargain for all you get, and all the effort the folks at Matrix put into creating and perfecting them. I highly recommend them all! Eric Maietta

(in reply to fluid)
Post #: 2
- 1/10/2002 6:42:00 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Fluid posted: What is Mega Campain? How do I register to enable these?
A Mega-Campaign is a specially designed, multi-faceted campaign using SP:WaW to allow the player to experience a multimedia campaign using predesigned scenarios. Which scenarios you get will depend on your skills as a military leader and your ability to complete tasks and assignments given before each new battle. To purchase one, two, or all three of the available MCs, just click on the 'store' link atop the buletin board page, then click 'World War II' or 'Show all games' and you will see info for buying or reading more about the three currently available MCS. They are; MCNA - North Africa 41 (You command a kampfgruppe attatched to Erwin Rommel's famous Afrika Corps.), MCLV, Eastern Front 41 (You command a German mixed unit during the opperation Barbarossa.), and MC Watchtower, (You command a reinforced Marine Corps unit during the battle for Guadalcanal(sp?). Each is more than a bargain for all you get, and all the effort the folks at Matrix put into creating and perfecting them. I highly recommend them all! Eric Maietta

(in reply to fluid)
Post #: 3
- 1/10/2002 6:43:00 AM   
Bradock78436

You pick your core force when you first start. The very first ones. After every battle you can buy support units, but they're gone after the battle.

(in reply to fluid)
Post #: 4
- 1/10/2002 3:39:00 PM   
Resisti

Fluid, only yr core force (the units you choose at the beginning of the camp) stays with you, the rest stays only for the battle you're fighting.
At the end of each battle you're allowed a given # of points to "repair" yr damaged CORE units and/or to change(upgrade) them with something else; try to play a bit with the buttons "fix" and "change" and you'll see. As for the arty, those numbers are the delay period, the time which will pass after you call for arty mission and the rounds arrive on the ground; the higher the numbers the longer it takes. May I suggest you, too, to read the manual ?
All these things are clearly explained in there

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to fluid)
Post #: 5
- 1/10/2002 4:10:00 PM   
Panzer Leo

I have my problems with campaign play aswell, Fluid ! These things already occured in v5 or so and I thought after reading the bug fix list from David, they were solved but this is what happens to me in campaigns: -All non-destroyed units are automatically at full strenght after the battle, without fixing them in the menue and without paying points.
Only destroyed units can be fixed. -The damage count in the unit menue during the battle is still there under special conditions. This means the unit is listed with a damage, like 3 (for infantry), but has it's full strenght of 10. It seems connected to the reduced squads feature, as this was the first appearance of these campaign problems, if I remember right. I thought, v7.0 would have taken care of this, but I still encounter these things. Not having damaged units in a campaign and wierd damage numbers in the battles is really frustrating and takes a lot of fun from campaign play. It does not look like a big problem, as it worked already in earlier versions and only the "reduced squads feature" seems to have caused some interference. If I can be of assistance to solve this problem, let me know, but this is really one of my top wishes for the v7.1

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to fluid)
Post #: 6
- 1/10/2002 6:32:00 PM   
peter hellman

Panzer Leo, I'm positive that Matrix has declared version 7.0 is the LAST version, if someone else doesn't pick up the torch. Although I'm playing SPWaW a lot, I haven't really cared if the version is 5.0, 5.1, 6.0 or 6.01. The game itself is so good. But ok, if there's a new version, I'll upgrade. Then you know, what people are talking about. Thanks

"If you want to live in peace, you have to prepare for war" - Adolf Ehrnrooth

(in reply to fluid)
Post #: 7
- 1/11/2002 12:27:00 AM   
Panzer Leo

quote:

Originally posted by peter:
Panzer Leo, I'm positive that Matrix has declared version 7.0 is the LAST version, if someone else doesn't pick up the torch. Although I'm playing SPWaW a lot, I haven't really cared if the version is 5.0, 5.1, 6.0 or 6.01. The game itself is so good. But ok, if there's a new version, I'll upgrade. Then you know, what people are talking about. Thanks
Hmmm, Paul has already announced, that there WILL be a v7.1 in about one or two weeks or so. As I think this was a problem they were working on to fix already in v7.0, I thought it would be a good idea to tell them, that it it maybe still exists. Maybe it's an easy to do, maybe not...I don't know. But in case they don't know it and it's an easy fix, wouldn't it be dumb, not to tell them ?

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to fluid)
Post #: 8
- 1/11/2002 7:22:00 AM   
Grumble

Welcome to the SPWAW forum, Fluid. You'll find that this is probably one of the best fora on the web.
To answer your questions:
- Your "core force", usually about a reinforced company/battalion in size, is what you command throughout the campaign. The support forces are attached by higher headquarters to your organization to assist you in meeting the objectives of the mission. They "go away" when the mission's completed.
- You can rebuild/change your core units after the game's over. You oughta see a roster of your units with "fix" and "change" buttons next to them. "Fix" rebuilds the unit, "Change" allows you to pick different equipment. If you want to keep the same people (to keep their experience) remember to "FIX" FIRST THEN "CHANGE". Otherwise you are getting an entirely new unit.
- The numbers are fractions of turns in delay until the artillery impacts. "0.1" means immediately when the turn ends, "0.4" is sometime next turn, "1.xxx" is at least one entire turn delay. For best reaction times, use the "FO" units; these are artillery forward observers. When the artillery buttons are greyed-out, that battery is out of contact, has a higher-priority mission, etc.

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to fluid)
Post #: 9
- 1/14/2002 6:41:00 PM   
fluid

Thanks alot for all the answers! The help on artillery helped alot. I use it agressively, and those russians gets just routed out Thank god for that because its amazing how many infantry they'v got. And ur right, this is a great fora! Fluid

(in reply to fluid)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Why is not my units available next battle??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI