Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retreat/reinforcement hexes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Retreat/reinforcement hexes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retreat/reinforcement hexes - 9/3/2003 12:05:33 AM   
melcer

Hi,

Me and a friend usually use designed maps as we dont like the random ones when we play by PBEM. The problem we have run across and failed to solve is that often (more like always :( ) the retreat and reinforcement hexes get switched to the wrong side of the map. It's not fun having yur troops retreat towards the enemy!
We have tried editing the maps placing the hexes were we want them but when we after that set up the battle the placements has switched to new places on the wrong side of the map. I have even tried putting the hexes intentionally on the wrong side but that doesn't work either.

I would be glad for any instructions how to get the hexes to be in the right places in a PBEM game. Thanks.

Melcer (who is tired of having his inf flee into MG fire)
Post #: 1
- 9/3/2003 3:00:36 AM   
sztartur2

Hi!

Go into the editor and start editing the map.

key "0" Side one Retreat hex
key "1" Side two retreat hex
Keys 2-3-4-5 Side one reinforcement hex
Keys 6-7-8-9 Side two reinforcement hexes

Look into the manual for details.

Good luck!

Artur.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to melcer)
Post #: 2
- 9/16/2003 9:31:44 AM   
Klinkenhoffen

I have had a few strange things happen when playing with the reinforcement hexes.

I set up some maps recently for a PBEM tournament. Set the reinforcement hexes. We started the games and it all went wrong, units retreating the wrong way etc.

When I looked into it it appeared that if I set up using " battle" then it defaulted to the original but if I set up using "scenario" everything was OK.

As you can guess I tested using the "Scenario' set up.

PS to Mother, Kokoda and Pbhawkins that's my excuse anyway and I am sticking to it.

Klinkenhoffen

It's all gone horribly wrong !

(in reply to melcer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Retreat/reinforcement hexes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI