Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fascinated with the Maus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Fascinated with the Maus Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fascinated with the Maus - 7/23/2001 7:25:00 AM   
rlc27

I've got to confess, I'm totally fascinated with the Maus tank--it's like having a light cruiser on wheels. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about its range finder and targetting system, like did it share the ones that went into the Tiger II or did the designers go all out and come up with something new? And I'm also wondering if the penetration effects modelled in SPWAW are accurate. I've dropped about 5 128mm shells on some of those Stalin tanks and they just bounce off. Wouldn't the crew usually abandon the tank after getting hit with something like that--thinking that it had been too severely damaged? Thanks

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.
Post #: 1
- 7/23/2001 12:25:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Mike Amos has given the Maus a worthy opponent in the M-6 tank, a special US tank that never went into production. It makes for an interesting battle, Kendokabob, for that "battleship on tracks." Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to rlc27)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Fascinated with the Maus Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI