Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Civil Bus Diving into Attack!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Civil Bus Diving into Attack! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Civil Bus Diving into Attack! - 10/5/2003 7:13:43 AM   
Gallo Rojo

Some times, playing Steel Panthers, estrange things happens ...

Yesterday I was playing the Stalingrad Campaign in SPH2H when, suddenly, the pop window announced that "civil bus diving into attack!" and a flying truck appeared from the right side of the corner! ... certainly trucks have no wings ... the pop window immediately announced that "civil bus goes down" (or whatever it says when your AA guns shoots down an enemy plane ...

I was amused! I think that the Soviets probably ran out of ammo for the Katyushkas and decided to drop trucks with catapults!

This made me remember other crazy things that happened to me playing a PBEM one year ago:
One of my snipers shouted against an enemy Infantry Sqd (a fresh one I mean, one that I have just spotted and haven't fired upon before) ... and destroyed it!! Killed them all with a single shot!!

I remember that this time my PBEM partner and I discussed the event and found the following possible explanations:

:D ) The men in the Infantry Sqd were walking in "Indian line" (one after the odder) ... so the bullet passed thought all of them!
:D ) The bullet killed the unit leader ... seen their leader dead, the soldiers of the sqd get very depressed and committed suicide!
:D ) Sniper killed one of the soldiers ... this soldier fell and droped his gun ... his gun shouted and killed a second soldier ... who in turns left fell his gun ... the gun of the second soldier shouted and killed a third soldier ... etc.
:D ) All members of the Sqd had heart problems ... they all dead by a hart attack when heard the shoot
:D ) The sniper was Lee Harvey Oswald
:D ) Lee Harvey Oswald couldn’t do it alone. There was a second shooter ... if you watch VCR, you can see how the head of the sqd. leader goes up and to the left… up and to the left ... up and to the left …

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end
Post #: 1
- 10/5/2003 7:26:18 AM   
Kevin E. Duguay

Once while playing the Japanese side I ploted a path for a light tank to follow and it promptly drove through a building I was trying to avoid. This lone action immobilised the tank and killed my Jap MG unit. Just bad driveing I guess! :(

KED

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 2
- 10/5/2003 7:50:23 PM   
Warrior

Sounds like an typical Oob and/or game version problem. Was Stalingrad campaign ever converted for H2H play?

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Gallo Rojo)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Civil Bus Diving into Attack! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI