Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A few suggestions about solitaire battle play...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A few suggestions about solitaire battle play... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A few suggestions about solitaire battle play... - 7/30/2001 8:28:00 PM   
Alexei

Hello all, OK I received my version 6.1 10 days ago. I was not able to play at once since I was about to go on holidays. BTW I went to Malta, and actually I wonder if it would have been possible to invade that small island with all that walls and heights and rugged terrain - at least if one count on Italian army to do most of the task! :) Well that was initially not the subject of my post :) . Now I am back in France and I have started to play. Internet connetion is quite expensive so I play only against AI in battle mode. I have a few suggestions: * would it be possible to buy only parts of a section or peloton? I mean, one could imagine to continue buying units by sections (e.g. 2 Sturmtigers) and then, for example right click in the list on the one one do not want. So we could play some battles with only 1 Königstiger, or Sturmtiger, or Special Forces plt, ... * would it be possible to buy only part of the force that the computer will play with? I mean, as the Germans in june 40 (hey ; it's far more funny than the opposite ;) ), I could decide at the beginning: "I will face 10 B1-bis plus [I don't know what else the computer will buy with remaining points]". That would prevent buying a Pz company and facing infantry and artillery... I hope I am clear enough... please tell me what you think about it, if it is possible or not, if you have found other ways to do so. Thank you !!! BTW I have found some minor bugs in french OOB; where should I report them? [ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: Alexei ]

Alexei.
Post #: 1
- 7/30/2001 10:25:00 PM   
Venger

The system will sell you partial units if you don't have enough cash for a full squad. If you only have 300 points left for 4 100 point units, it'll give you 3 100 point units. Of course this makes buying things piecemeal something of a chore... You can buy stuff to get low on points, buy piecemeal units, then sell back the other crap to regain your points. Venger

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 2
- 7/30/2001 10:35:00 PM   
dfsrusa

Yes, it is possible, but not as a generated battle, to do what you want to do you need to create a scenario. Here are the steps: 1. Go to scenario editor. 2. Select the sides, dates, type of battle and points. 3. Select your map, use a random one or specialy made. 4. Select your forces. 5. Here comes the part where you get to have just one King Tiger - start to edit your units. You can get just one unit out of a section by reasigning the second unit to a differnt HQ then deleting that HQ unit. Example: you buy one section of King Tigers R0 and R1, and one sniper S0. Using the reassign button (the guy saluting picture), reassign R1 to S0. Then you have R0 King Tiger, and S0 sniper, S1 King Tiger. Then go back to the buy menu and delete the SO formation and you are left with R0 - one King Tiger. 6. To buy the enemy's forces using this method you will have to buy all of them. You can't, as far as I know, buy some and have the AI buy the rest, but you could click on the Computer Deploy button to deploy them and then just not look at where they are before you start. You could see this as having really good intelligence about the makeup of your opponent ("Intelligence assures us that it is the 75th Infantry regiment supported by two companies from the 81st tank brigade holding the town"). 7. Save the scenario, actually save often during the creation of it if you want to avoid severe headaches, and play it. Hope this helps. Bonne Chasse! Scot Stephenson

Carpe Diem

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 3
- 7/30/2001 10:38:00 PM   
Alexei

quote:

Originally posted by Venger: The system will sell you partial units if you don't have enough cash for a full squad. If you only have 300 points left for 4 100 point units, it'll give you 3 100 point units. Of course this makes buying things piecemeal something of a chore... You can buy stuff to get low on points, buy piecemeal units, then sell back the other crap to regain your points. Venger
You are right, thank you for that good tip. Well anyway, I'm afraid I will not get exactly what I want, specially for infantry unit where I think I will be forced to have for example an engineer squad + 1 MMG34 (not only 1 engineer squad). But it is only a minor point...

Alexei.

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 4
- 7/30/2001 10:48:00 PM   
Alexei

quote:

Originally posted by dfsrusa: 6. To buy the enemy's forces using this method you will have to buy all of them. You can't, as far as I know, buy some and have the AI buy the rest, but you could click on the Computer Deploy button to deploy them and then just not look at where they are before you start. You could see this as having really good intelligence about the makeup of your opponent ("Intelligence assures us that it is the 75th Infantry regiment supported by two companies from the 81st tank brigade holding the town"). Bonne Chasse! Scot Stephenson
Merci Scot :) I was also thinking to the scenario editor but Venger's tip is quite good and I think I will begin to use it. Concerning the partial buy of units for computer I think it would be a very nice feature. Would it be that difficult to add in a next version of SPWAW ? There are so many cases where it could be simply great... "expect heavy air activity" ... "warning, the ennemy will use a new rocket artillery weapon" ... "some JS-II have been seen by air recon"... What is your opinion ? oh and I forgot... Un grand bonjour de France à tous !!! :) :) :) [ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: Alexei ]

Alexei.

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 5
- 7/30/2001 10:55:00 PM   
JMAC

Hello everybody, While we are talking about single player and unit purchasing, I am looking for recommendations for a core force in WB's a long road to victory and any other of the 6.01 campaigns. Thanks

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 6
- 7/30/2001 11:33:00 PM   
Larry Holt

If you want to buy less than a section you can open the OOB editor and create the exact unit that you want or edit an existing one (remember to save the original OOB first if you use PEM games).

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Alexei)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A few suggestions about solitaire battle play... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI