Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

About Carriers at War after ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> About Carriers at War after ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
About Carriers at War after ... - 10/9/2001 11:36:00 AM   
mario vallee

The Ardennes Offensive was one of the best game I ever play by modem. I spend so many hours with TAO. Lots of fun. But I play even more with Carriers at War. What a great game to. A classic. To bad CAW was not playable by modem (or over the net). I still play those 2 games at least one a year. I could pay a lot for a new and upgrade Carriers at War. I hope Matrix will do something with this one to. Nobody did anythink like this since CAW. Double blind tactics carriers battles in the Pacific, after Napoleonic, my best periode of wargame. [ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: napoleon1emperer ]

Vive L'Empereur !
Post #: 1
- 10/22/2001 5:24:00 AM   
BvB

I agree -- CAW was one of the best games put out by SSG -- both the original Apple version and the much improved PC version. With some modification this game would have excellent potential for pbem, modem, etc. Maybe even for team games. I like TAO/Korsun pocket, but I think Carriers at War is simple yet fun to play and could appeal to a wider audience. Look at the interest in the more complicated PacWar & Uncommon Valor. BvB

Enlisted during Nixon, retired during Clinton then went postal - joined the USPS, then retired from that during Obama.

(in reply to mario vallee)
Post #: 2
- 10/22/2001 11:18:00 AM   
KG Erwin

I definitely endorse your request for a reissue and updating of CAW. This was one of my favorites from my Commodore 64 days and the PC version of Complete CAW had decent graphics, a HUGE database and a pretty good AI opponent. The only complaint I had was its somewhat clunky conversion from a DOS interface to a Windows format. Much more would need to be done to make the interface more intuitive, but the game engine itself is fine. This was a great game for creating "what if " scenarios, which most of us are so fond of doing. Give this idea some consideration, Mr. Heath.

Post #: 3
- 10/23/2001 10:40:00 AM   
mario vallee

Did you guys haved try QQP's WW2 South Pacific ? It was good to and playable by modem. I really nead a game at this scale. mario [ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: napoleon1emperer ]

Vive L'Empereur !

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> About Carriers at War after ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI